Defensive Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Namely the cartridge technology/concept.

"The noise level» generated by a PSS shot, is somewhere between a shot of a 4.5 mm air rifle (101 dB) and a clap. The heavy 10-g bullet penetrates Class 2 body armor or a steel army helmet at a range of 25 m."
Source*The PSS silent self loading pistol

Generated 133 FPE, similar to .32 acp but as mentinoed before 101-120 decibels without suppressor and due to bullet design capable of penetrating body armor. (used in Syrian conflict)
Source*
I personally would love to own one and conceal carry one.

It would be even better if a US or German/Austrian/Swiss manufacturer came up with a modern updated version.

I've shot my 9mm and .327 magnum without hearing protection at outdoor ranges and it's uncomfortable/borderline painful...I can't imagine shooting one in my house or car without earmuffs/plugs. I'm aware of auditory exclusion due to adrenaline dump during SD scenarios, but imagine a world where you can plink, train, and fight with a gun that's capable of penetrating class 2 body armor and triggering the bad guy's FIBs factor without damaging your hearing.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Gun accessory

Wood Eyewear Font Musical instrument Cylinder

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Same idea as the PSM pistol as well they claimed a lot from it even though it was basically a 25acp size round .. The Russian have neat pistol round there 9mm round is crazy they use like a +P+++ round with harden AP cores .

I have always been interested by the PSM and the PSS and the other odd ball guns .. Most of these are made for dark and dirty work in bad places so most of there practical use is limited as they are made for limited roles ie targeted killing , taking out sentries etc ..Heck they even made a handgun that use a ak47 bullet that a autopsy would show the victim was shot with a AK at long range not a handgun at close range rather handy for dark and dirty places .. Of course the USSR also made a poison gas pistol as well ..

They have used this sealed piston system in a number of handguns but I don't think it ever caught on outside the soviet block .. Most countries just use a silencer fitted normal handgun not something as unique as this . Heck the brits still used the Wellrod 32acp into the 90s at least and that is a very old gun by this point

Mind you we wont ever see the gun in the USA legally due to handgun ammo laws and import laws .. The closest I have seen is one PSM that vickers owned and was sold for some crazy amount and even then it only had the lead core ammo with it not the good steel core ammo making it a toy. Remember we cant import any NFA weapons or items for civilians in the US its all dealer sample . And I dont think the sovits like to sell there sneaky guns to other countries

So someone would have to make it in the USA and also avoid the ammo being AP due to zee government .. People have tried to make some of there stuff here like the VSS sniper rifle another really odd ball gun but nothing happen with that .

For the most part I dont think we will ever see most countries sneaky guns for public sale just to many hoops .The only ones I can think are the well rod guns there is a few of them for sale or custom made here .. And the VP9 pistol which b&t is making here now as the Station 7 but these are just silenced handguns not odd ball ammo guns ..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So someone would have to make it in the USA and also avoid the ammo being AP due to zee government .. People have tried to make some of there stuff here like the VSS sniper rifle another really odd ball gun but nothing happen with that .
You shared a lot of good information and perspective with a healthy scoop of reality/history.

Thank you WrongRecroom lol (funny tag).

Yeah the part I quoted from your reply is what utlimately would prevent any venturous/eccentric entrepreneur Stateside from developing something like this for local consumption.

Unless the laws change or states like Texas and others make it possible...unlikely but one can dream and I will keep doing so lol.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Those Ruskies don't need that stuff. Their honeypot gals can snuff you in your sleep with a fingernail. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: JayGunFu

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I know of the Gurkhas, they can take out sentries fairly quietly with a khukuri.
Yeah I agree the Gurkhas are bad ass warriors.

Wish we had our own version, but then again we have plenty of our own bad ass home grown warriors.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Yeah I agree the Gurkhas are bad ass warriors.

Wish we had our own version, but then again we have plenty of our own bad ass home grown warriors.
What is unique is the history ..One of the few people the English never conquer made a deal with them is all ... That blade of there a lot of stories ..One in Indian I know off where a solider retired was going home and a old west level train jacking happening 30-40 bad guys knifes guns the works .He was going to stand by until they tried to rape a women and you can guess the rest out came the blade killed 3 or 4 of them and the rest ran for it ..

And the story in Mid east of a Uk trooper who had a gifted to him blade was attacked and came under heavy attack and took out 4 bad guys in hand to hand with the blade taking two of there heads of .

They are nasty warriors and one of the few I think who still had a blade mythos in there fighting ..Most Special ops units anymore dont have a unique blade or such .. Sure we have fighting knifes and such but its not one knife is use only by this group .. What makes the gurk uniuqe I think ... Of course the English are a special kind of crazy with there history of blades in war from Fairnborn to of course Howling made Jack and his claymore and of course the one para who landed in 44 armed with bowler hat and a umbrella which he then use to take out a tank crew ..As I say the english had a history of odd ball weapons being used never mind that PITA of these

I think gone are day of Bowie and Fairburn etc men who very much knew knife fighting and the ugly side of it rough and dirty ..I dont think we will see that era of history ie knife and sword again .We saw a lot of it in WW1 and some in Korean and esp in Nam in the tunnels but really I think gone are the days now of the flash of blade and the dance with the swords

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
Gyrojet is what this reminds me ov...another highly innovative flash-in-the-pan. All those great new features(in the russki pistol, the ammo) are so expensive to produce, they can't get the price low enough to sell enough volume to stay in business.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
I think gone are day of Bowie and Fairburn etc men who very much knew knife fighting and the ugly side of it rough and dirty ..I dont think we will see that era of history ie knife and sword again .We saw a lot of it in WW1 and some in Korean and esp in Nam in the tunnels but really I think gone are the days now of the flash of blade and the dance with the swords
Take a look at some of the Libre blade schools. Dirty knife fighting is alive and well, it’s just a bit underground.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Gyrojet is what this reminds me ov...another highly innovative flash-in-the-pan. All those great new features(in the russki pistol, the ammo) are so expensive to produce, they can't get the price low enough to sell enough volume to stay in business.
The thing is the soivt block did not care about cost they would run it at a loss .. Its arms for the mother land ..Its changed now for sure but a lot of older factory and these odd guns were made with the idea that cost is important but not as important as arming the mother land

I do think theGyro jet was a great idea but ahead of its time with modern loading and micro chips would see a very idea ..But again laws are the issues here ..I do think if the 68GCA had not happened the gyrojet might have worked better as the org loading was banned for it being over .50 post 68

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
I'm surprised that laser technology isn't available in weaponry for citizens yet...I'd bet your boots that the gov't's got some already. Bullets are really behind the times.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
What is unique is the history ..One of the few people the English never conquer made a deal with them is all ... That blade of there a lot of stories ..One in Indian I know off where a solider retired was going home and a old west level train jacking happening 30-40 bad guys knifes guns the works .He was going to stand by until they tried to rape a women and you can guess the rest out came the blade killed 3 or 4 of them and the rest ran for it ..

And the story in Mid east of a Uk trooper who had a gifted to him blade was attacked and came under heavy attack and took out 4 bad guys in hand to hand with the blade taking two of there heads of .

They are nasty warriors and one of the few I think who still had a blade mythos in there fighting ..Most Special ops units anymore dont have a unique blade or such .. Sure we have fighting knifes and such but its not one knife is use only by this group .. What makes the gurk uniuqe I think ... Of course the English are a special kind of crazy with there history of blades in war from Fairnborn to of course Howling made Jack and his claymore and of course the one para who landed in 44 armed with bowler hat and a umbrella which he then use to take out a tank crew ..As I say the english had a history of odd ball weapons being used never mind that PITA of these

I seem to recall that back in the day, the Taliban developed quite a bit of respect for troops carrying tomahawks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If electric cars are feasible, so are energy weapons.
As an old high school teacher once told me, nothing is impossible, just impractical.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
the ammo reminds me of the Nagant revolver ammo of old.....also makes me wonder if this is a sabot type round......i thought that by now some American maker would start producing sabot handgun ammo as well...

imagine a sabot for the 44 mag pushing an 87 grain 25 caliber spitzer....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
As an old high school teacher once told me, nothing is impossible, just impractical.
Impractical?
I once built a phaser pistol with a Blu-ray laser diode that popped balloons and lit matches from 30 feet, it was a real hoot to kill bugs and spiders with it.
Flys seemed to be too fast.
If an idiot like me could do that I'm sure some government lab with unending funding could come up with something a little more potent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts