Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh and I forgot, voter fraud. I think of what could happen after Nov. almost in an unhealthy way. Hard not to think about it a lot.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Who says they don't? Only the media.
What are you basing your opinion on? According to polls, if you can believe them, only about 37% of Americans identify themselves as "conservatives." I'd guess that there are even fewer of those who identify as "constitutional conservatives." Based on our trends with demographics and immigration, I would be willing to bet what many pundits have already said is true, that Trump will be the last Republican president of the US.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
What are you basing your opinion on? According to polls, if you can believe them, only about 37% of Americans identify themselves as "conservatives." I'd guess that there are even fewer of those who identify as "constitutional conservatives." Based on our trends with demographics and immigration, I would be willing to bet what many pundits have already said is true, that Trump will be the last Republican president of the US.

• It is electoral votes, not popular votes. So "liberal vs. conservative" polls are meaningless. Social Research 101: Never use a poll to predict something it was not designed to predict. If you look at a site like "270 to Win" they convert the polling to electoral votes. Biden is favored right now, but Trump still has a good chance. In 2016, Trump showed how a good electoral vote strategy can work. And the Dems have still not learned that lesson. If anything, they have gone farther away from snagging those red electoral votes.
  • "According to polls, if you can believe them" I don't believe them. What did they say last election? Hillary was not only supposed to win, but by a landslide. The polls are part of the MSM and they have not learned their lessons. And the pollsters want a certain outcome, just like the reporters do.
  • The first chart in the article you link also shows about 35% as "moderate." A Republican candidate can get those votes too. Trump got a lot of them in 2016.
  • Keep in mind at least 40% of voters, maybe more, are not bothering to vote at all. If the portion of that who were conservatives got off their butts and the Republican candidate got a fair share of the moderates, the math is easy to do.
  • A lot of people don't like to commit themselves politically. I am a conservative on most issues, but I am actually liberal on some issues. I don't like polarizing labels and as a lot of people don't. So there is a fair share of conservatives. No one asked me my position in the poll you link, but if they had, I am not sure what I would have told them.
  • "Not being conservative" does not mean you don't want a good economy and a safe country. People vote their pocketbooks and Republicans are better for the economy. The only exception is if there is a big safety threat, and even then, the Republicans are better at that too.
  • A lot of people are understandably unhappy with Trump right now. But can you imagine if in the future, the Republicans would field a candidate who stood for the same things, but did not have Trump's peccadilloes?
  • A lot of winning elections is like a lot of marketing. Voter confidence means a lot. Whether we as conservative-leaning think we can win, or we can't win, either way we are right.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I would like to see all the questions they are asking when folks are being polled.
The questions make all the difference in how the results come out.
All this is to keep Trump supporters home if they feel defeated.
If every citizen who is not enjoying watching their country circle the drain comes out and votes.
Regardless on if you like the total Trump package or the swamp republicans. The alternative is Biden and the radical left.
Get out the vote.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
We will see this November. If Trump is not re-elected it isn't because of his actual performance in office as he has accomplished some major things. Turned things around and is battling several existential threats that are not of his making. It will be because the masses are too lazy to filter the propaganda of the left/MSM.
If that happens, well patriots may be asking a different question.
Even if Trump is re-elected I fear what will happen in 2024. I just don't see another Trump on the horizon. This may well be the final test of this grand experiment.
No fear! We have lots of Trumps on the horizon! [insert missing dancing banana we no longer have]

I fully EXPECT him to run and will vote for Junior! D.J. Trump Jr for 2024!

(oh Plezzzzzzz don’t let it be the daughter, Ivanka is too liberal for me)

Hey, if we voted for the two RINOS (Bush & Jr.) that were yankees that relocated to the south just to fulfill their lie as running as R’s, then certainly a legitimate person from the north can win.

Even Eric Trump would be fine with me however I believe Junior has his daddy’s backbone, Eric may be too nice for the job.

·
Registered
149 Posts
People will need to form special interest groups, and make/keep them powerful.
Back when America was strong, there were some very strong and powerful institutions.
Over the past several decades, those institutions have been destroyed and demonized.
My suggestion is to research those institutions, what made them powerful, and how they kept them powerful, and how they were destroyed.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
"What can one person do?"

I think we are all dancing on the head of a pin. We have forgotten that one person fired the shot heard 'round the world. One person stood up and said, "This far, and not one inch further."

Those who play politics in the age of, "Whatever I say is truth because I say it is" are not going to prevail. Not unless you learn to be better liars. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Even if Trump is re-elected I fear what will happen in 2024. I just don't see another Trump on the horizon. This may well be the final test of this grand experiment.
Keep in mind, Trump didn't start his campaign until June of 2015, 16 months before the election. When he started, he had a 4% approval rating and no one took him seriously. So this far out from 2024, nobody could see Trump, or anyone like him, being president.

This far out from the 2008 election, hardly anyone had heard of Barack Obama either.

Our goal now has to be to win the election this November. A lot can happen over the next four years.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Way too much focus on presidential powers, especially a federalist.
Everyone needs to focus on ALL levels of power (Federal, State, County, City, community organizations, schools, corporations, church, charities....EVERYWHERE).

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
"What can one person do?"

I think we are all dancing on the head of a pin. We have forgotten that one person fired the shot heard 'round the world. One person stood up and said, "This far, and not one inch further."

Those who play politics in the age of, "Whatever I say is truth because I say it is" are not going to prevail. Not unless you learn to be better liars. Just my opinion.
Wife says I can spin a pretty tall tale, perhaps I should run for office. I would shake things up in Congress with my cowboy hat and kilt.
Maybe i would do better than Kinky Friedman? Kilted Cowboy for Congress, why the hell not.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
@KILTED COWBOY Why not brother. A number of people around my neck of the woods laughed at our Congressman before he got elected:

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Everyone keeps expecting a single person (President) to fight all the battles and win.
No, but sometimes one man can be such a influence and a leader that he can start a movement and get people to do what was thought impossible.
Look at what Gen. Patton was able to do, pushed his boys to do the impossible.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
We have forgotten that one person fired the shot heard 'round the world. One person stood up and said, "This far, and not one inch further."
Nobody knows for sure who fired the first shot at Lexington. Both sides were under orders to hold fire, so it was someone who disobeyed orders. According to the Americans, it was the British who fired first. According to the British, it was not the American militia in ranks who fired first, but some unknown, independent shooter from behind Buchman Tavern or the nearby hedgerow. Most historians feel more confident in that account. So it was an anonymous sniper who didn't stay around for the short battle, a battle the Americans lost, BTW. Somebody taking a pot shot after having too much ale.

The "shot heard 'round the world" myth was created later by Ralph Waldo Emerson in the "Concord Hymn," a poem he wrote in 1836, 61 years after the battle of Lexington. Emerson hadn't even been born when the battle took place.

I think it's better to deal with the truth of here and now and not the myths of the past. The myths just don't have the horsepower they used to. We can't rest on the laurels of the founding soldiers or the founding fathers. We are going to have to be our own patriots, fight our own battles.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No, but sometimes one man can be such a influence and a leader that he can start a movement and get people to do what was thought impossible.
Look at what Gen. Patton was able to do, pushed his boys to do the impossible.
Those people today are getting crushed and cancelled!

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Everyone keeps expecting a single person (President) to fight all the battles and win.
1,000 likes!!! We keep waiting for the right "leader" and don't do enough leading ourselves. We keep naming leaders of the past, like "If we only had another leader like that, we would be OK." Look in the mirror for leadership. That is what the left is doing. That is why they are gaining ground, not all the other excuses we use.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
@KILTED COWBOY Why not brother. A number of people around my neck of the woods laughed at our Congressman before he got elected:

View attachment 332629
I like Crenshaw a lot and I would vote for him. But he has been criticized here on this site. Someone said here, "If it were the Revolutionary War, Crenshaw would be a Redcoat." That is another problem conservatives have. We pick at our own leaders as bad as we pick at the opposition's.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Those people today are getting crushed and cancelled!
You do know there is a difference between a statue and a real person. Almost all those people today are guarding the streets of heaven. They can crush every statue in the world, but they cannot change the thankfulness in our hearts for what they did.

And for those who wonder...SOMEONE fired the first shot in the WAR. "The shot heard 'round the world" came as a celebration the freedom established by a ragtag bunch of colonists. No matter how history has been taught...the little American army prevailed in 1776. I choose to remember that "spirit". There seem to be many who simply dismiss history and seek to minimize the founding of the greatest country the world has ever known. I've always believed that those who do so, do it at their own peril.

BTW The people who pick on Dan, I'm willing to bet, never sat down and talked with him. Maybe they should ask him in person if he sacrificed so much for his country or the crown.

And history is a fine teacher about how valuable people's criticism of others is worth. Take Lincoln, for one.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts