• Single Stack

• Double Stack

• Revolver

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious to know in this day and age, what type of handgun everyone is conceal carrying the most? I know some have some type of rotation, but if you had to choose one, or if you carry one in particular more than the others, which one is it?

Note: I'm going to include the new hybrid pistols like the P365, Hellcat, Shield Plus, and Ruger Max 9 in the "Single Stack" category being that they're still about the same thickness and have more similarities to single stacks.

·
Registered
42,992 Posts
My S&W 6906 gets most of the carry workload. A Glock 30 when it's on break.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
These are my choices when it comes to concealed carry. A lot of days I carry two of these. The 642 is a pocket gun in pants or coat. The Rossi M88 is AIWB or IWB/OWB @ 3:00 and the model 10 is also AIWB or IWB/OWB @ 3:00. Sometimes the Model 10 is open carried in remote areas that don't have the big bears.
My woods gun in Grizzly country is a 5" GP100 in 357 magnum carried in a chest holster.

The 2 snubs get the most carry by far. I no longer own any semi autos.

·
Registered
20,617 Posts
Wanted to choose, but couldn’t cause I carry revolvers, Glocks and 1911’s.
However; the G26 and the airweight j frame, by far, get the most carry time.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Mostly XD40, eventually I will switch to M&P 9 compact.

Sometimes the Shield 1.0

Reactions: Wild Onion

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
You missed the 1 1/2 stack (Or better known as a modified single stack) The Sig P365 and Shield Plus both fit in that category.
Ditto on the P365

·
Super Moderator
18,517 Posts
Single stack 1911, except for my BHP most double stacks have a grip more like a fence post.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Single stack or revolver.

Reactions: Rexster

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am carrying my Springfield Armory Hellcat daily now that the weather is warmer and absolutely love it! In the winter time with heavier coats and such I occasionally will carry my Glock G19, but the Hellcat is such a fantastic pistol and darn near the capacity of my G19 I honestly don't see the need to carry the extra bulk and weight of the Glock.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,778 Posts
Couldn't vote*, as I carry ALL THREE daily. Two double stack's, a revolver, AND a single stack.

*not able to ck. ALL 3

Reactions: Eric357

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Over the past 53 years I have carried almost daily. Some of those years were in military service and many were in law enforcement, so weapon types were usually as directed by higher authority.

Most of those years I relied upon a .45 caliber 1911-type pistol, and still prefer that as my "go to" piece. I also have many years of experience with the Browning Hi Power 9mm pistol, and consider it one of my "must have" pistols. Past couple of years have included surgeries to my wrist, elbow, and shoulder with some loss of grip strength, limited range of motion, and recoil sensitivity, which have led me back to a double-action .38 Special revolver for daily carry (S&W Model 64 2" round-butt).

As I am regaining mobility and strength I have moved back to the semi-autos in larger calibers, with the Kimber Custom CDP .45ACP still being my preferred sidearm. I am also starting to fully appreciate the Sig P229 .40S&W I purchased in late-2018 as a very good choice (DA-SA-decocker with 12-plus-1 capacity).

Occasional quick trips to the store may include an old S&W Model 37 Airweight Chief Special .38 Spl. The Browning Hi Power remains a personal favorite. Camping and fishing trips always include a S&W Model 34 Kit Gun .22LR. Hunting trips usually call for the S&W Model 29 .44 magnum.

A nice barbecue or Frontier Days event may see the old Colt Single Action Army .44-40 Frontier Six Shooter on my hip in a hand-carved Threepersons-style holster. Empty chamber under the hammer, 5 rounds of 200-grain RNFP at ~900FPS and the 107 year old Colt is still capable of taking care of business (and the same ammo works nicely in my 1905-vintage Marlin 1894 rifle).

I guess I am just grateful to still have some good choices.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts