Defensive Carry banner

What category of hangun do you EDC?

  • Single Stack

  • Double Stack

  • Revolver

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
Joined
·
20,531 Posts
Today, I am carrying a Dan Wesson stainless Valor 1911 in .45 ACP and two spare magazines on my belt plus a Seecamp P380 in .380 ACP with a spare magazine in my pockets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
It was single stack compact P220 SAO and 1911’s 10 years ago. Then the G26, then inherited a beauty SW Mod 19-3 that introduced me to carrying a revolver. Rotation based on preference of the day. I was sold on the G26, but it carried like a brick. And now for nearly a year with little rotation away from it is carrying the Ruger SP-101 .357 125g. Its got curves in all the right places. It’s lighter and more comfortable to carry, but solid/heavy enough to shoot with power and versatile enough to go to range with 38 special. Tons of fun to shoot at steel plates. I agree with the poster who says as we age, we navigate toward the revolver. It’s a dream to carry with comfort and confidence and provides versatility with load strength as I age.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
I wear the 1911-style, .45 ACP, Commander-sized Volkmann 90% of the time in a Milt Sparks Axiom and the Sig P365 with all those itty bitty bullets the other 10% in a Crossbreed Reckoning rigged for OWB.

I chose "single stack" in the poll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Airweight j frame mostly. Will start carrying the Bodyguard 380 again once I can find 380 again.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I switch 'em up, either the S&W 642 or the Hellcat. I've gotten into the habit of doing so on average every 2 weeks with range time for both about once every 10 days.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,753 Posts
Most commonly carried P99AS (Double Stack), next most common PX4 Storm (Double Stack), and next PPS (Single). If I CAN NOT print then a LCP in a pocket holster (single stack).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Of all my pieces, the HK 45c is my main carry! 8+1 w/3 extra 12 rd magazines of .45acp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Pacific Northwest. I find it easy to conceal the handgun I would want in a gunfight and train with. Glock 19 gen5. Tenicor holsters and Vedder holsters ....have no regrets. Holsters are huge part of my ability to conceal easily anytime of the year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Hmmm, lets see......

For carry around town, I carry one of these two:

355077

355078


When I'm on our property in and around the North Idaho panhandle, my soon to be permanent home when I retire, I carry this:

355079


Can you tell I'm a bit biased here??
 
  • Like
Reactions: sparkyfender

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
I carry a 5" 629 Classic .44mag every day, from pajamas-off until pajamas-on, in a homemade under-the-shirt cloth vertical shoulder holster rig. My BUG is a 360sc ultralight titanium/scandium/aluminum .357mag snubby in my right front pocket.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37,414 Posts
I carry a 5" 629 Classic .44mag every day, from pajamas-off until pajamas-on, in a homemade under-the-shirt cloth vertical shoulder holster rig. My BUG is a 360sc ultralight titanium/scandium/aluminum .357mag snubby in my right front pocket.
I used to be a recoil junky...
 
  • Like
Reactions: demanic

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
I used to be a recoil junky...
I use a very unusual shooting style that makes my gun pleasant to shoot, even with the full-spec 240gr Underwoods I use in it. I use a VERY relaxed grip, with relaxed and flexed elbows and relaxed shoulders. I basically hold it as if it were a little bird. Doesn't sound like it could possibly work, but it does. I DO get a vertical muzzle rise, but that's OK by me. I shoot it exclusively single action, and cock the hammer with my weak thumb on the way down from the vertical muzzle rise.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37,414 Posts
I use a very unusual shooting style that makes my gun pleasant to shoot, even with the full-spec 240gr Underwoods I use in it. I use a VERY relaxed grip, with relaxed and flexed elbows and relaxed shoulders. I basically hold it as if it were a little bird. Doesn't sound like it could possibly work, but it does. I DO get a vertical muzzle rise, but that's OK by me. I shoot it exclusively single action, and cock the hammer with my weak thumb on the way down from the vertical muzzle rise.
My response was with the 360 in mind...
 
61 - 80 of 87 Posts
Top