Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you carry, what condition is your pistol in?

For myself I am carrying in Condition 1 (1911), Round in the Chamber, Hammer back, and Safe ON.

How do the rest of you carry your pistols???

~A

·
Registered
15 Posts
For everyones reference, the condition system was originally developed for the 1911. Here is a list of them:

Condition 0 - A round is in the chamber, hammer is cocked, and the safety is off.

Condition 1 - Also known as \"cocked and locked,\" means a round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the manual thumb safety on the side of the frame is applied.

Condition 2 - A round is in the chamber and the hammer is down.

Condition 3 - The chamber is empty and hammer is down with a charged magazine in the gun.

Condition 4 - The chamber is empty, hammer is down and no magazine is in the gun.

taken from: http://www.sightm1911.com/Care/1911_conditions.htm

That being said, I\'m not quite sure if I carry in Condition 1 or Condition 2 as it would apply to a XD-40. I do carry with one in the chamber, and a topped off mag though.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Well i guess my xd would be condition 0 since ones in the chamber and the striker is cocked ..

When i carry Hk ill calll it condition 2 round in chamber hammer down and safty off so all i have to do is pull trigger just like my XD

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by APachon
What condition is your Pistol???
What condition is my pistol? Well, the main one I carry is a little rough around the edges, but functions perfectly. The one I just got is new, so it’s in perfect condition. The one…

Oh wait – you meant….

never mind. :D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Condition 2 with my USPc - chambered, top off the mag, hammer down, safety off. I can also carry it Condition 1.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Condition 2 in both of my SIG\'s. If i had a 1911 it would be in condition 1.

·
Registered
742 Posts
P7M8??

Not sure what you would call a P7M8, nor what you would call a revolver.

Third gun then is a Commander, C&L.:kay:

·
Registered
484 Posts
cwsbh, is that your compact Witness wonderfinish in your avatar? Mrs. Armoredman had one in 40, loved it.:)
I carry my CZ 75 PO1 in a \"semi\" condition 2, hammer decocked to half cock, like CZ designed it. Always had my old Witness 40 fully decocked.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My RIA 1911 is in condition 1 at all times.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The Glock I carry has a chambered round, half-cocked firing pin assembly, trigger safety engaged, drop safety engaged, firing pin safety engaged. Of course pulling the trigger sequentially releases all 3 safeties. Condition one-half, maybe?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Colt Commander: 1, XD9:0 sounds right to me, Ruger P97DC: 2. Have a safe and happy new year :rock: , Lazyace1975.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts