Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I get so sick of that word! Arsenal this, and arsenal that! Everything today is "arsenal'! Arsenal coffee??!! (No thanks, just the plain stuff, please!) Arsenal food?!!? (No thanks, just steak and potatoes, please!) I swear! If one more thing is described as being "arsenal", I'm going to... Wait! ... What? "Arsenal"? Not "artisanal"? Oh. Never mind.

rx7sig

·
Registered
909 Posts
Look at the pictures!
He had a "sawed-off" .22 rifle and an extremely sawed-off shotgun, I think.
Although these two weapons were not particularly dangerous, both are considerably illegal. Especially under federal law.

OK, he didn't have an arsenal, per se.
But he was a miscreant "on the run" from "the authorities," and he was armed with three firearms, two of which were illegal.
He was also armed with two non-firearm weapons with lethal ammunition (the bows and their "arrows").
And it seems as if he had a few extended magazines for an SKS (or similar), the gun for which was missing from the pictures.

I therefore ask you to consider his intent, if not solely his armament.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
per Wikipedia (which in this case is pretty much right):

"An arsenal is a place where arms and ammunition are made, maintained and repaired, stored, or issued, in any combination, whether privately or publicly owned. Arsenal and armoury (British English) or armory (American English) are mostly regarded as synonyms, although subtle differences in usage exist."

Unless, of course, you are a news organization or politician. Then, it's what ever you say it is!

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Here’s a picture of one....

AC0D2C85-F156-41A8-A216-786E0BF000E5.jpeg

Oh wait...you meant Arsenal NOT Arsenial....sorry.....

Reactions: rx7sig

·
Registered
272 Posts
Now that's an arsenal!

View attachment 307398

Williamsburg. VA

Please. I've been in the ATF Tracing Center in Martinsburg, WV several times and had the fun times of being able to peruse the weapons stored in their library. Over 15,00 if I recall correctly. In there is a gold plated Ak inscribed as a gift from Saddam. All kinds of pics on Google. All of these weapons can be picked up and examined by anyone coming in there. Of course clearance is needed to come in as it is not just open to the public. If this link does not work just Google it. https://twitter.com/atfhq/status/863063858361098241

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Depends on where you are. In many anti-gun locals an arsenal is any number of guns more than what the department issues their officers. So considering most local departments issue one maybe two handguns, a shotgun, and maybe a tactical rifle anything over four would be considered an arsenal by their standards. In my neck of the woods with four you have shown a mild interest in the subject. You are not considered serious until you reach at least 10 with a minimum of 300 rounds for each caliber or gauge.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
per Wikipedia (which in this case is pretty much right):

"An arsenal is a place where arms and ammunition are made, maintained and repaired, stored, or issued, in any combination, whether privately or publicly owned. Arsenal and armoury (British English) or armory (American English) are mostly regarded as synonyms, although subtle differences in usage exist."

Unless, of course, you are a news organization or politician. Then, it's what ever you say it is!
In Texas we call that the garage or the closet.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well, as I have never counted, or listed the contents of my safe? The best statement would be a bunch? Mostly self-loading pistols.
Rifles, an AUG and an AK47. The AUG as it came. The AK47, modified, re collapsible stock.

The one bit of advice I will give. When a child is in the news, shot his little brother? With a loaded gun, left in a place that is not secure!!
DON'T DO IT!

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
"Arsenal" is relative to one's political leanings. As one moves further left on the spectrum, the number of firearms it takes to constitute an arsenal decreases. For the extreme left, they might consider a single firearm to be an arsenal.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
"Arsenal" is relative to one's political leanings. As one moves further left on the spectrum, the number of firearms it takes to constitute an arsenal decreases. For the extreme left, they might consider a single firearm to be an arsenal.
"might"??? :ticking:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts