Defensive Carry banner

6681 - 6700 of 6711 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I figured I'd post after finally buying my last gun. After owning 23 carry pistols since I started to concealed carry in 2005 (six of which were Glocks)—and shooting many others—this is what I narrowed my personal carry assortment down to earlier this year. These certainly aren't the "best" options for everyone as there are so many great guns these days, but these are the ones that tend to work best for me (but I could be just has happy with many others).

S&W PC M&P9 M2.0 Shield, S&W M&P9 M2.0 Subcompact, Ruger LCP II (.380), a Legion-esque SIG P229 Enhanced Elite in .357 SIG and 9mm (by way of a Bar-Sto conversion barrel), and the LTT-esque Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Inox.

If I had to pick one it would be the Shield or M&P subcompact (it's hard for me to choose).
If I had to pick just two it would be the PX4 Storm and the LCP II (for the deepest concealment).
If I had to pick a favorite all around or go-to-war gun it would be the P229 (I know, it's about time to break down and buy a new light).
If I picked a favorite carry gun it is the PX4 Storm.

I love Glocks, but they didn't make the cut because my Gen5 slide stop gets in the way of my thumbs and I didn't like missing the finger grooves on my G26 (though I prefer not having them on larger Glocks). They're still great pistols though.

IMG_8187.jpeg

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I figured I'd post after finally buying my last gun. After owning 23 carry pistols since I started to concealed carry in 2005 (six of which were Glocks)—and shooting many others—this is what I narrowed my personal carry assortment down to earlier this year. These certainly aren't the "best" options for everyone as there are so many great guns these days, but these are the ones that tend to work best for me (but I could be just has happy with many others).

S&W PC M&P9 M2.0 Shield, S&W M&P9 M2.0 Subcompact, Ruger LCP II (.380), a Legion-esque SIG P229 Enhanced Elite in .357 SIG and 9mm (by way of a Bar-Sto conversion barrel), and the LTT-esque Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Inox.

If I had to pick one it would be the Shield or M&P subcompact (it's hard for me to choose).
If I had to pick just two it would be the PX4 Storm and the LCP II (for the deepest concealment).
If I had to pick a favorite all around or go-to-war gun it would be the P229 (I know, it's about time to break down and buy a new light).
If I picked a favorite carry gun it is the PX4 Storm.

I love Glocks, but they didn't make the cut because my Gen5 slide stop gets in the way of my thumbs and I didn't like missing the finger grooves on my G26 (though I prefer not having them on larger Glocks). They're still great pistols though.

View attachment 326134
The M&P compact looks good, what barrel length is that one ? thanks

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Lately, a p320c 9mm

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sparkyfender

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Today is flag day so nostalgia has me carrying my made in the USA 4" model 10 38special in a Simply Rugged sourdough pancake holster under an open short sleeved button up shirt over a t shirt loaded with Underwood 158 grain LSWCHC+P.

·
Registered
Various
15,552 Posts
Usually a Colt, Dan Wesson, or Springfield Armory government model 1911 in either .45 ACP or 10mm on my belt and a Sig P938 9mm in my pocket. Sometimes a Glock G35 .40 S&W. Sometimes a SA XDM in either .40 S&W or 10mm. Sometimes an S&W 1006 in 10mm. Sometimes a Colt, Ruger, or S&W revolver in .38 special, .357 magnum, .44-40, .45 Colt, 10mm, .44 magnum, or .454 Casull. Often an NAA MiniMag 22M revolver in my swim trunks or sweat pants because it doesn't pull my pants down.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Last couple of days, a pair of 357 magnums. Smith and Wesson 640 Pro in a #4 Blackhawk pocket holster weakside front pocket. Ruger 2.25" SP101 iwb strongside in a Sticky holster @ 3:30.

Both stoked with my Gold Dot Short Barrel reloads. And a speed strip with same in my right front pocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Today I change things up from my usual Walther PPS and I am carrying the Rossi M88 stainless snub. Still at 3:00 in an OWB leather pancake. I have errands at the courthouse, the bank and city hall so its one of the rare days I will have to disarm several times and I prefer a revolver with a hammer and a heavier trigger over a striker gun for times I have to administratively handle a gun in and out of its holster.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It has been my CZ -p07 Gen2. It has CGW defensive spring kit, extended firing pin, solid steel firing pin roll pin, front sight fiber optic (red) blacked out rear sights.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I recently switched over to a Sig Sauer p365 XL with Hogue grips from what I previously had for the last couple of years as my EDC a Springfield Armory XD-E.

The p365 at 20oz is lighter, more comfortable and conceals much better with minimal printing yet carries 12+1 9mm rds. To be honest, I am over the moon with this firearm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6681 - 6700 of 6711 Posts