Defensive Carry banner

6741 - 6760 of 6795 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Coming soon to an IWB holster by my side... I'm planning to have this at the center of my carry rotation. (And keep that rotation very limited.) M&P9 Compact with 4" barrel and 15+1=16 rounds. The true next Gen 19. o_O

I've been carrying and shooting the M&P40 Compact v.1 since the pistol was first released (a long time ago!) and both it and a 9mm version have proved themselves over and over. They have 3.5" barrels, and I've decided I would like the upgraded 4" version 2.0 even more... so that leads me to this, M&P9 2.0 Compact with 4" barrel. Longer sighting radius, higher velocities, and 4" is easy for me to CCW. Looking forward to many happy range outings with this pistol.
Looking forward to a range report on that. I'll have to check it out. Seems like it has similar specs to the Glock G45. I like my G45, but I'm not adverse to considering the M&P.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Looking forward to a range report on that. I'll have to check it out. Seems like it has similar specs to the Glock G45. I like my G45, but I'm not adverse to considering the M&P.
Glock makes a rock solid, reliable pistol. For me, where Glock has been left behind is in ergonomics, feel-in-the-hand, and trigger feel. I still have Glocks and would rely on them if I needed to. But I have other choices which I like even better: P320 and M&P.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Glock makes a rock solid, reliable pistol. For me, where Glock has been left behind is in ergonomics, feel-in-the-hand, and trigger feel. I still have Glocks and would rely on them if I needed to. But I have other choices which I like even better: P320 and M&P.
I have a P320 (actually my wife does) and it is also a fine pistol. I like the feel of the 320's trigger over the Glock, but I like the function of the Glock trigger better. Maybe the M&P would 'bridge the gap' so to speak.

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Sig P238
Bodyguard
G42

Most often one of the j frames.

Reactions: sparkyfender

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yugo M57 in 7.62x25 85 grain JHP bullet. that little 85 gr pill is pure hell at 1800fps. Carry OWB in a black leather thumb break holster. It has the slide lock safety like the 1911 so is carried cocked and locked.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
In addition to the approximately 30 extra pounds I carry around my main carry has been a Glock 43. Unless I am going in or near one of the local hot spots then I move up to to one of my Sigs usually the P320 but sometimes I go .40 and carry the SP2022.

Reactions: sparkyfender

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Kicking around in a pair of workout pants and tee shirt this morning because it's raining and cool here, so I grabbed the G23 and Fobus appendix holster when I took Ruger for his morning walk, I tend to keep a G23 , every time I trade one off I will buy another one within a month or two, I use it as a travel pistol a lot as I'm driving around the country working. They are simple and ugly but they get the job done and if you scratch it up and get it funky and nasty so what...its a Glock lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. So I have a CZ P10F which I love. Been trying to daily carry that but its not tshirt friendly when it's hot, and I'm always hot - definitely a fall dress gun. My other gun is a Ruger LCP. I carry that in an IWB kydex holster. Its comfortable. But I want something I can get my whole hand on, unlike the LCP. I want something beefier than the LCP but not as heavy and large as the P10F. I am fine carrying IWB / OWB but I don't want to always wear a jacket. Are there suggestions on good ccw options that I can get a whole hand on but easier to conceal than P10F? Preferably under$500. I've read the S&W shield is a go to and glock sort of bores me aesthetically (sorry everyone). Just looking for some more insight. Thank you.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
You could split the difference (P-10S). Easier to carry than the F, more effective than the LCP.

Hi, I'm new here. So I have a CZ P10F which I love. Been trying to daily carry that but its not tshirt friendly when it's hot, and I'm always hot - definitely a fall dress gun. My other gun is a Ruger LCP. I carry that in an IWB kydex holster. Its comfortable. But I want something I can get my whole hand on, unlike the LCP. I want something beefier than the LCP but not as heavy and large as the P10F. I am fine carrying IWB / OWB but I don't want to always wear a jacket. Are there suggestions on good ccw options that I can get a whole hand on but easier to conceal than P10F? Preferably under$500. I've read the S&W shield is a go to and glock sort of bores me aesthetically (sorry everyone). Just looking for some more insight. Thank you.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Lately I have been carrying my West German PPK-L in 7.65 (.32ACP) simply because that pistol was made to fit my hands! I shoot it better than any other and it is just so darned accurate and easy to shoot that I can see little to convince me otherwise. Oh sure, it's a "mouse gun" but I betcha I can end the fight pretty quick with several well placed rounds if it comes to that. If I feel the need to carry more firepower, I go with my Glock 48 or my Sig M11-A1, but the little Walther gets the nod most days.
ppkl 10.jpg

6741 - 6760 of 6795 Posts