Defensive Carry banner

6801 - 6819 of 6819 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
Today, it is a Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911 in 10mm.
When I went for my original carry license, I was a revolver only shooter. I was told I needed to choose a semi-auto. My first choice was 10mm. I was quickly talked out of it. I wish I hadn't listened. At the time, 40 S&W was all the rage. Not a bad choice, but...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Switched it up from the M&P 2.0c to the G19. Too many levers on the side of the M&P for me, can't get a good support hand grip.

Glock 19 Gen5 MOS/FS
Tenicor Velo4 (best AIWB holster evarrr)
Holosun 508T V2 in a CHPWS V4 Defender Plate
Ameriglo Sights
Magpul backup mag
Federal HST 147gr

Tudor Pelagos
Benchmade Triage
Trayvax Wallet
Truck Keys
iPhone Xs in Evutec carbon case
I like that Tudor! I wear a Rolex Explorer everyday no matter what I'm doing. It has crossed my mind to track down a Pelagos. I'm about half way to needing my first service...need to start putting my pennies away for it LOL.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
New 43X with S15 mags have been getting the nod lately....
Not sure how many times I've posted in this thread :unsure:

·
Registered
787 Posts
I like that Tudor! I wear a Rolex Explorer everyday no matter what I'm doing. It has crossed my mind to track down a Pelagos. I'm about half way to needing my first service...need to start putting my pennies away for it LOL.
LOVE the Pelagos, definitely flies under the radar and is very wearable casually. Explorer (216570) is next on my list for 2021, love all the Explorers though. Definitely an enthusiasts watch vs the popularity/prevalence of the subs.

Reactions: ParsonBrown

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Call me old fashioned but at least I don't gotta pick up shell casings ..lol
View attachment 343245

along with a Swiss Army Trekker as my folder and a Mora Garberg on my left side with a 8" para cord monkey fist keychain ;)
I bought one brand new in 1981 I believe. A model 15-2 in 357. Like a dumb kid I sold it to get through the last semester of college. I would rather I had the gun instead of the college. It would be worth more today.

·
Registered
Mauser K-98 , Rossi Overland Coach gun , Glock 17 80% Polymer ,Hatsan .25 break barrel and a 357
92 Posts
I bought one brand new in 1981 I believe. A model 15-2 in 357. Like a dumb kid I sold it to get through the last semester of college. I would rather I had the gun instead of the college. It would be worth more today.
yea i picked this one up for 200 bucks in 2018...not a bad deal at all even came with a box of jacketed Hollow points ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
LOVE the Pelagos, definitely flies under the radar and is very wearable casually. Explorer (216570) is next on my list for 2021, love all the Explorers though. Definitely an enthusiasts watch vs the popularity/prevalence of the subs.
I have a 214270. Secretly I want a 1675 Pepsi...one day. My grail is a Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711. Their pricing though has skyrocketed as of late.

·
Premium Member
5,087 Posts
No change: SOS
Daily carry: XDs .45acp, XD sub-compact .40, Redhawk .41 mag. , G20

100_0759 (1).JPG

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Reactions: Pete63 and Snub44

·
Premium Member
5,087 Posts
I’m impressed every time you post this Pete 😎 (y)
Thanks my friend! I am in a position, whereby I'm a "public figure", that carry's large sum's of cash on a pretty regular basis. I've been handling & building firearm's for decade's. They are tool's, and I have a use for each.

Reactions: flh and clumsyrsl

·
Premium Member
5,087 Posts
That Redhawk says nuttin' but business SO well!
Thank you, Sir. It replaced my S&W mod. 58 which was "asking to be retired to safe duty"! 😂 I carried it from the early 80's till a few years ago. I LOVE the .41, and have 3. (can you tell I'm an Elmer Keith fan?)

Reactions: Snub44

·
Registered
7 Posts
My current primary carry guns are a 4 5/8” Ruger (old model) vaquero 44 magnum and a Sig Sauer P229r in 357 Sig. Sometimes concealed, sometimes open carry. Also rotate in my former full time S&W 4” 686 square butt 357 magnum, Beretta 92, 9mm S&W 3953, officer model 1911 45 acp, and grandpas old charter arms 38 snub back up gun.

·
Registered
213 Posts
In summer, a Walther PPQ 9mm in a High Noon SlideGuard OWB holster at about 3:30-4:00. In winter, a Walther PPQ .40S&W in the same holster at the same position. Every once in a while, a Sig P365 9mm in a Desantis Mini-Slide OWB at the same position. Always one spare mag in an OWB open top mag carrier, a folding pocket knife, a can of OC spray and a small flashlight.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Lately I've gone back to my old Colt Officers model with a couple of spare mags. Why? Because I like the way it fits.

6801 - 6819 of 6819 Posts