Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in hearing what methods and equipment people employ to protect themselves when traveling on business or vacation? Times when you cannot legally carry a handgun.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well i don\'t go on vacations too much, but just for convience i normally carry my KelTec P3AT just because its small and its the most comfortable to carry around.

Unless i know i\'m vacationing to a bad part of town, which i dont'know why i would, i will just carry the smallest most comfortable gun i can.

There is really no rational reason behind this other then i\'m on vactation and i want to be lazy. I just like to be able to quickly slip a gun into my pocket and go :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a couple places I go that handguns period are not allowed.. hence I dont carry. In both cases, I avoid areas that may be of issue and am usually with a decent sized group most of the time. Not an easy appearing mark..

Others, where I can transport/carry.. I do

·
Registered
57 Posts
I cannot carry on my job, . . . so I dont.

I haven\'t yet carried into my church, . . . it stays locked in the vehicle.

I just changed barbers because of the \"No Guns Allowed\" stickers on the window.

The states I generally travel in all allow me to carry with 2 exceptions. I unload and put legally in the back and when thru those states, . . . reload and rearm.

My motto more or less is: if you can carry, do it, . . . but be legal when you do.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Thank God, the states where I vacation recognize my Florida permit. I won\'t vacation outside of the South for this reason. Drove to Texas a few years ago to pick up a new pup. Was legally armed 100% round trip. :kay:

·
Registered
57 Posts
What Dwight said. I also tend to carry OC pepper spray and my 6 cell mag light.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Unfortunately there is little reciprocity for our state due to ccw age limit of 25. (Still don\'t understand how they came up with 25.) So I generally leave it at home if its not legal. I check the state laws and carry a knife if I can. If I am flying and don\'t want to risk checking my weapon and/or losing it, I have been know to buy a temporary kinife at the city or place I\'m vacationing at.:) Other than that standard awareness and tactics for self defense.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
I have not carried on vacation if I am going by plane. If I go in my car, I carry legally, if allowed or something else (knife, baton, OC, etc) if not. If I drive to California I won\'t carry my gun but will probably have a tire knocker, axe handle, crowbar or maybe just a big ole stick :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
I depend on my brains, and my CCW when on vacation. Since I don\'t travel to states that I can\'t carry in on vacation, that\'s no biggie. For work related travel, what the evil states don\'t know can\'t hurt me!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I travel for business mostly and have no say in where I go. So I research local laws on knives and that is about it. Because I am subject to go from one place to another and while one may allow me to possess firearms another may not. so bringing a gun is rarely an option. I also travel internationally anout 1/3 of the time. Also no guns and rarely knives.

So I rely on:

Awareness
Attitude
Knife or other improvised weapon
Hands if necessary

·
Registered
75 Posts
If I go out of state it\'s usually south and all states south of Mo. recognize my Fla. OOS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts