Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for all of you heavy sleepers....what do you do if you wake up and there is some hood rat in your bedroom and he has your gun pointed at your nose? :blink:

Should I put a decoy loaded with dummy rounds in my night stand?

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Well, he's already gotten through several layers of well-planned security. And he's done so without setting off the alarm or either of my dogs. And he didn't have a gun to begin with, yet now has one of mine?!? I don't know how to answer. It's like contemplating (IMHO) a meteor-strike...in my yard.

I've never contemplated a decoy-pistol. But that might (finally) be a good use for a...Taurus autoloader. :biggrin2:

(it's a JOKE folks, cool your jets) :yup:

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never contemplated a decoy-pistol. But that might (finally) be a good use for a...Taurus autoloader. :biggrin2:
You could actually load a Taurus and it would still be a decoy...........:hand5: j/k OR just put a high point in your night stand

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think this is truly a nightmare scenario, and one that should be planned for. It has happened and could happen. But because it could happen, every means within reason and financial ability should be employed to prevent an intrusion or if one is going to happen, arrange things so you give yourself 30 seconds of warning. Each situation is unique, but as for me, I have two means of alarms no matter how an intruder seeks to enter the house, including anyone who approaches the house. I want my 30 seconds warning.

But as to what to do if someone is looking down at you holding your gun, fight or flight.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Ok for all of you heavy sleepers....what do you do if you wake up and there is some hood rat in your bedroom and he has your gun pointed at your nose? :blink:
Hope that Mrs Thin gets him first.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Then he's gotten past the electric security gate or over the spiked fence, neutralized 3 large dogs, disengaged the premises security system, motion sensors, penetrated the inner perimeter, and made it to the master suite in the East wing without waking the 4th dog that holds the world record for barking at anything that moves, including a cat across the road walking on wet grass at 2am.
If the perp is capable of getting past all that I'd be amazed. Plus I'm as much a light sleeper as dog #4. But in the event all systems fail and I am staring down the barrel, I'd do exactly what I'm told. Having been in a staring down the barrel situation before all I can say is I'm still here because I did what the guy told me to do.

·
Registered
915 Posts

Get a motion sensor. A dog. An electronic box powered by a UPS.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts

Quickly make your peace with your lord and hope that your affairs are in order . You are already behind the curve and the advantage is in the hands of the opposition . You were the dummy decoy by allowing this to happen .

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I don't read the question as "How do I keep it from happening?" or "How is your house set up to prevent it?" Funny that so many do when questions like this come up.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I don't read the question as "How do I keep it from happening?" or "How is your house set up to prevent it?" Funny that so many do when questions like this come up.
It's because for many, it's not really a plausible scenario. There's really nothing else to talk about in the OP's scenario other than prevention because when it gets to the point where he has your gun, the only options is to risk being shot by going for the gun, or doing whatever the prep wants.

I also don't think that a criminal that's brave enough to not only brake into your home while you're there, but to also go into your bedroom should NOT already have a firearm of his own...

·
Registered
671 Posts
So, the scenario is I wake up and a hood rat has my nightstand gun pointed at me. What do I do?...

I calmly retrieve handgun #2 which is accessible but discreetly located, then triple-tap the rodent.

The nightstand gun is a Browning BDM. It's frame mounted safety is unique and I doubt the predator would be able to figure it out before nap time.

·
Registered
10,756 Posts
Our alarm is set to go off the moment any door or window is breached. Not going to happen in our house.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts