Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warm weather, but exceptionally high wind?

IWB, light shirt for cover. Don't think the shirt went above the belt, BUT it PLASTERED against my side! Doubt anyone thought it was a colostomy bag.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
keep my elbow near my grip. Most if not everyone won't even notice. Or use a tuck this holster and tuck my shirt in.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I've had the same problem here in Phoenix the last few days while the wind has been up. I normally wear a tucked in tshirt with an unbuttoned short sleeve sport shirt for cover over wither my OWB or IWB holster. The wind kept blowing the outer shirt up. While out of the car heading into a store, I would tuck just the right side of the tail into my pocket and clamp my arm down to keep it from uncovering me. I was also trying to figure out a better way...

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was wearing a loose fitting Tshirt over a S&W 4006 in an OWB holster at a departmental training session the other day. Near the end of the day I got into a discussion about the holster and lifted my shirt to show the holster. Not one of them had noticed until I was packing at one point.

Printing can be obvious to us because we know what we are looking for, but other folks usually won't even notice.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hmmm - could have sworn I'd replied to this one earlier.

Anyways - tho I carry OWB, I find my Smith & Alexander vest does great duty - great concealment and no printing. Helped by right front pocket having the small weight of NAA mini - and if windy I place right elbow against grips per rocky's mention.

I also, sometimes walk thru the wind (parking lot method this is!) with right hand in pocket of pants - sometimes just thumb hooked in - and very subtley control the lower corner of vest to prevent lift. It does not appear I am being unnatural at all.

On occasions too with hand in pocket I'll let vest sweep back, tho still keeping piece covered, and again let elbow tuck in a bit on grips if necessary. In fact this works so well for control of ''flapping potential'', I hardly have to add any elbow control - and NO printing - no colostomy bag! LOL.

Just today went on a great but hot and steamy bike run - wore vest as ever and doubt very much anyone knew I was carrying, even if as some say - vest shouts ''carry''. If it stays concealed - who's to know! :smile:

·
Registered
940 Posts
If it's not at eye level and not in your hands, most folks wouldn't notice a gun tucked under your arm or in a belt holster.

If you're in a jurisdiction where open carry is kosher, I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest. After years of carrying various firearms, I don't worry about what the average person thinks because they never freakin' notice anything.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Bumper said:
I've had the same problem here in Phoenix the last few days while the wind has been up. I normally wear a tucked in tshirt with an unbuttoned short sleeve sport shirt for cover over wither my OWB or IWB holster. The wind kept blowing the outer shirt up. While out of the car heading into a store, I would tuck just the right side of the tail into my pocket and clamp my arm down to keep it from uncovering me. I was also trying to figure out a better way...
I just button one hole up from the bottom. it seems to work for me. IWB or OWB..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just an idea, but what about wearing a loose button down shirt that is perhaps one size bigger with an IWB holster, and in the case of high wind either button the shirt (should be loose enough to distribute the bulk of the weapons butt or while walking or standing maintain your hands clasped together in front of you allowing your arm to obscure the print.

Just a quick thought.

Be Safe

Bryan S. Williams
Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC

Main website - www.wa-protective.com
New Book Website - www.wttrw.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
since I have a CCW I dont care until I am going INTO a place of buisiness.only for 2 reasons and mainly the first 1.people freak out 2.here in indy the buisiness can ask you to leave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts