Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
You basically provided nothing but a title and cover art. Are you recommending this book? Or do you think it's a bunch of hooey?

Interestingly (or maybe not), this book is available at Amazon in paperback for $11.29, while the Kindle edition is $12.99. I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If my body language indicated I was the most suspicious person on the planet, it does not matter in Texas. I am not required to give ID unless I have been arrested :)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Kind of reminds me getting pulled over on my motorcycle. The officer said "You looked like you were going too fast around that corner".
I told him I would try to look like I'm going slower.
The officers in that department were/are at one end of the spectrum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
If my body language indicated I was the most suspicious person on the planet, it does not matter in Texas. I am not required to give ID unless I have been arrested :)
You forgot...that is true unless you're operating a motor vehicle...or several other exceptions. IIRC you may be required to ID even if you are riding a bicycle on a public street. Don't believe everything you see on YouTube.

Reactions: ETXhiker

·
Registered
398 Posts
You forgot...that is true unless you're operating a motor vehicle...or several other exceptions. IIRC you may be required to ID even if you are riding a bicycle on a public street. Don't believe everything you see on YouTube.
I am very well aware of Texas Penal code 38.02. I have a personal lawyer that has advised me on this.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I am very well aware of Texas Penal code 38.02. I have a personal lawyer that has advised me on this.
Would you expand on thi​s? What did your lawyer say/advise?

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
That is kind of a broad statement. I will be happy to answer but can you be more specific?
In reading the code (38.02), it appears to be pretty straight forward. Did your at attorney take exception to it, or advise you to comply?
Thanks.

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
398 Posts
In reading the code (38.02), it appears to be pretty straight forward. Did your at attorney take exception to it, or advise you to comply?
Thanks.
Oh. :smile: I ain't complying to anything unless I have too. That was his advice and he has backed up people in court for this in the past and has won every time.

My lawyer has said follow TPC 38.02 to the letter.

I got stopped once jogging by LE because there was a break-in down the road. I don't tell anybody my info. Nothing against LE, but my mom always told me to not to talk to strangers.

One of the LEO's told that if detained I had to produce ID. I said "nope". If I am detained I cannot "lie" about my info if I give it up. I am not required to give ID unless arrested. His buddy knew and winked at me :)

We were cool. They were doing their jobs. And I was doing mine.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Oh. :smile: I ain't complying to anything unless I have too. That was his advice and he has backed up people in court for this in the past and has won every time.

My lawyer has said follow TPC 38.02 to the letter.

I got stopped once jogging by LE because there was a break-in down the road. I don't tell anybody my info. Nothing against LE, but my mom always told me to not to talk to strangers.

One of the LEO's told that if detained I had to produce ID. I said "nope". If I am detained I cannot "lie" about my info if I give it up. I am not required to give ID unless arrested. His buddy knew and winked at me :)

We were cool. They were doing their jobs. And I was doing mine.
Perfect! Were you carrying?

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
I'm not sure why you seem to have such an adversarial approach to law enforcement. I have a couple of ideas, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I can say that there have been some who try to gain some kind of fame by matching wits with police. I am mystified as to how people have so much time to waste on a completely unproductive pastime.

Nothing personal whatsoever. :smile:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts