Defensive Carry banner

What self loading platform do you carry?

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Glock

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • Sig Sauer

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Beretta

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Smith and Wesson

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • HK

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Browning

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Ruger

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • CZ

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Taurus

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • XD

Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Other (please say, can't possibly list them all)

Votes: 21 11.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious... I know there's the what do you carry thread but I wanted a little more specific and hard information.

Are you a Glocker? Sigophile? CZ addict? A member of Bruces45's religion?

A lot of us, because of personal preference, a desire for more capacity, or a need for a flatter gun in my case, carry self loading pistols sometimes, most of the time, or all of the time.

So when you carry a self loader, what flavor is it?

None of these choices are the "best". "Best" for the people who favor them for sure, but not for everyone. They're all what I consider to be quality handguns that make viable choices for CCW.

This list is not exhaustive. There are many other quality guns. There are simply so many guns out there I can't list them all. Thus the "other" category.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Old slabsides gets the job done for me.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
In case anyone had failed to notice - SIG is it for my carry. :wink:

I like many many other platforms and have carried a good few but - unlikely for now at least that Mr SIG will be replaced in a hurry - even if that includes carry useage of any one of the three options!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
WOW! Look at the % of XD's! I say 5 is a good sample.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
i honestly had to vote other since polls dont allow multiple choices lol

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Colt 1911Gov., 1991A1 compact, or Defender,depends on my mood.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Springfield 1911A1

·
Registered
737 Posts
And the 1911 pulls into the lead! :haha:

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I carry one of my two HK USP's, both .40 S&W. I actually have been carrying the full size more than the compact.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
1911, as Saint Bruce says, "Cocked, Locked and Ready to Rock." :danceban: :yup: :comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
744 Posts
At least my beloved CZ's are not in last place! Gotta love 'em!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Used to carry a Glock. Saving up for a 1911. Will get another Glock down the road. Now I carry a snubbie cause that is the only handgun I have left:hand1:

·
Super Moderator
13,123 Posts
I tend to vacillate unfortunately, generally between a Sig 226/9, H&K USP/P2000, XDs, and to lesser degree Glocks and 1911s.

It's very frustrating, but unfortunately all the guns I mentioned are excellent choices and I simply can't pick one over the others as "my" self-defense gun.

Although I generally carry a Sig 226R, I carried a 2nd gen Glock a couple of days last week. I shot it Friday and didn't do so good with it. Now I've got to determine if it was a gun problem or a "me" problem.

I sold a 3rd gen Glock about 18 months ago and kinda wanting another one now. 'Course I also want a Sig X-5 226 Tactical, should they ever become available.

·
Super Moderator
13,123 Posts
BCurry1 said:
C'mon Glock Fans, get to voting. There's gotta be more than four of us.
Aaah, it's probably just that Glock guys are so reserved about their Glocks. :tongue:

BTW, BCurry1, is that a Glock Jack is holding in your avatar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ha!

I was going to write the same thing. My boy Jack Bauer and me are HK fans. My Walther is great as well.

Tangle said:
Aaah, it's probably just that Glock guys are so reserved about their Glocks. :tongue:

BTW, BCurry1, is that a Glock Jack is holding in your avatar?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts