Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching an episode of Kojak tonight, season 1 episode 20, Mojo, and there was a full screen close up of this and the grip intrigued me. I think it was a small caliber. Due to the date of the episode, it would have been produced at least before 1974. Anyone have a clue what it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was watching an episode of Kojak tonight, season 1 episode 20, Mojo, and there was a full screen close up of this and the grip intrigued me. I think it was a small caliber. Due to the date of the episode, it would have been produced at least before 1974. Anyone have a clue what it is?
A Browning Medalist, circa 1965

.22 LR

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that was fast, heh. Thanks. I had a hunch it was probably a target pistol of some sort.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well that was fast, heh. Thanks. I had a hunch it was probably a target pistol of some sort.
It was a very nice gun. It even has a lever that lets you re-set the trigger for dry fire practice.
This is how they were shipped, in a wood box...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it looks nice. I'd love to shoot one.

It really stood out because basically every single person up until this episode always had a snubbie revolver of some sort. Recycling the same props over and over again I imagine. Then they showed that and in addition to them finally showing a semi-auto, it looked nice. Don't get too many close up shots like that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks reasonably accurate.
I worked in a sporting goods store, mostly a gun store when I was a teen. Sold several Medalists and shot a few. At 25 yards you could hit a dime every time from a sandbag rest.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I knew it was a Browning the minute I saw that distinctive angle of the front sight.
Not good enough to recognize the gorgeous grips, or that quick.
I'd love to shoot one of those, gotta be a tack driver, Mom's old Browning Nomad was the first handgun I ever fired and a lot more accurate than I was at 12 years old.
I've never met a Browning I didn't like.

Wait, come to think of it I've never met any handgun I didn't like:blink:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Future reference... this link is awesome for figuring out "what gun that was" in any movie or show.

Main Page - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

Just type the movie or show into the search box, and it should give you a list of firearms complete with pictures. It's pretty neat.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I never knew of the Browning Medalist. Did they spin the Buckmark off the Medalist? The slide looks similar. I have a Buckmark & it was very accurate. For fun, I put a Halo-Sight on it; it is now extremely accurate. :smile:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet Pro2a, thanks.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The Medalist is a fine target gun, not as loved or as many as the Smith Mod 41 or High Standards but it was / is a work of art. I have a 1970 that I have owned new since 1971. Trigger is adjustable for pull weight, over travel and take up. It even has a dry fire position so you do not need snap caps. I have never used tha addition weights, the balance is fine. I shoot my other .22's more because this gun is TOO PRETTY to bring to the dirt range (but I do at times). It's a piece of ART.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Prp2A, thanks for that link, it's great.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I had a Gold Medalist and it was the most accurate gun I have ever shot.I had to sell it because of money problems.They are great target guns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts