Defensive Carry banner

161 - 180 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Simplest solution would be to just buy a "regular" DA/SA P229 in 9mm and swap out the hammer with a DAO hammer. You also remove the decocking lever, spring, and IIRC bearing. I bought some from Top Gun Supply for my pistols. Only issue was on my P220 (KA vintage) where I had to replace the hammer strut as well. Ten minute job.

Last 30 days my most frequent carry has been my P226.
Thanks for that. I will research that option, which would make life simpler I think.

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
I have carried my P45 for the last couple of years, but recognized the need for a bit lighter slide to rack. I carried my PM9 for a week or so, and was amazed how difficult it was to carry. Although smaller and lighter, it seemed to be impossible to keep my britches up carrying it IWB. Went to my CZ Rami 9mm, and although it is wider, larger, and considerably heavier, it is for some reason much easier for me to carry. It has me rethinking my thoughts on buying a Sig 365. Maybe I already have what I need. I shoot the Rami well; it points very naturally for me, and the capacity is there as well. I'll give it some time and see how I feel about it in the long haul.

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
Colt LW Commander in Super 0,38. (Like what else did you expect? )

·
Registered
93 Posts
file-141.jpg

Kimber TLE II Pro in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
If I could edit the title, I'd add update page 12

Looked back over all the replies and attempted to tally the responses:
Pocket size (642, LCP, G43) = 32
Compact (Glock 26/33/30, Shield) = 31
Duty (Glock 19, Sig 229, 1911) = 42

I'm surprised that so many (about 70%) reported carrying something bigger than a pocket gun the most often.

I'm back to my Glock 22 today, "duty" size in a man's caliber. @OD* :wink: :biggrin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sig P365

It’s summer and my EDC gets smaller during the summer months. The P365 is new so it gets first priority. I alternate with a Glock 26 Gen 4 and occasionally my Ruger LCP.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
In the last 30 days? Not representative of normal carry, but it’s been my Sheild 45.
The last week has been mostly my 365 which a a situational only gun.
The situation has been a case of lazy.
Long term the 229 .357 has by far the most carry time.
LCPII is with me every day, but I don’t count that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sig P365 in a Vedder Light Tuck. I've gotten to like 4:00 carry. Tried appendix for a while but went back. I carry 10+1 and keep a 12 round spare in my pocket. May times I forget its there.

161 - 180 of 319 Posts