Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never see them advertised in the Shotgun News anymore..haven't seen one in the local display case in years

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not sure and haven't been to a gun show in a while to see if they are there, in quantity - as they were a year or two ago.

Have heard tho thru ''grapevine'' they are becoming less plentiful. Anyone else?

·
Super Moderator
18,094 Posts
There was a finite number of them released from the various warehouses in Europe. Like any other gun, they eventually all got sold. Pretty much the only ones you'll see now are used.

I went to a gun show in Little Rock yestereday and saw maybea half dozen of them...all used. All were in the 250-300 range. All showed wear.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Do you guys remember when you could get one for around 1000$ from canada.....in the 80's? Now look at them....
Sources dry up and go away. Just be glad you found one while you could.....no worries. They will be back....
Shoot well.

·
Registered
940 Posts
The piles that are importable are probably all but gone at this point - the third rate Eastern bloc countries we can import some from probably didn't have massive quantities to begin with.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
The safeties on the ones we got were kinda shabby.........rough and some fell out of their locations........

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well then I'll just buy an old S&W .38

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
That my friend is exactly why I never bought a Makarov. They're fine guns for thier price, but good lucking finding ammo at a figurative "gas station". I don't see the little .38 loaded with +Ps as being any worse ballistically, and it's not going away.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
.22 adaptor George - tell me more if you have a chance!!

I think I could enjoy playing with mine a bit more.

Meant to again post the pic of mine - to brighten the pic-free thread :wink: This pic includes the Russian triangle marking on left side (inset image)

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I bought a .380 Mak in January at a gun show in Birmingham, AL for $200. It is the Bulgarian version and came with the original grips and a set of red star grips which are thinner. George Hill's review of the Russian IJ-17A in CCM got me to looking for one. This one is a shooter.

I took a NRA Basic Pistol Course with the wife last Saturday and every shot I fired was on target. This may not seem like much to some, but I discovered Sat. that my dominant eye is the left and I am right handed. Now I know why my hand eye coordination has always been so bad. Anyway at 7 yds. a 4 in. group. At 25 yds. all inside the rings on a pistol target. The only thing I have done to this Mak is to paint the sights.

Thanks, George for some very good advice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts