Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
20,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with the wife today so she could pick out her Christmas gifts.
Had so many choices on what to take, but a full sized, hi cap 40 caliber Glock carried IWB just seemed like a very good option.....it pegged the comfort level given the season of the year, and being out in high traffic, crowded public shooting lanes; if ya catch my meaning.

So, while patiently waiting for her to return with more cloths to try on, as all good husbands do:yup:, I took a quick photo showing my carry set up.
IMG_2679.jpg

My old duty gun in a Kentucky Kydex iwb.
Damn fine specimen of a man in the photo too:)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Springfield XDM Compact (3.8") in .45 ACP when it is colder and 9mm when it is not. So today 9mm while shopping for Christmas and Hanukkah.

Reactions: G-man*

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
I was packing this Browning Hi Power in a Wright Leather Works Predator Holster while helping my daughters pick out Pandora charms for my wife. What better gun to carry in a fine jewelry store with two lovely young ladies???

Hi%u00252BPower.jpg

·
Premium Member
36,738 Posts
I've been carrying the Glock 21 pretty much exclusively for awhile now. I still have the 24-lb slide return spring and stainless steel guide rod in it, so 230 grain .45 Supers from Underwood have been the carry rounds.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Never had a gun on my hip while Christmas shopping.

I know it sounds crazy, but my Shield and SP101 don't carry well when I'm in my pajamas ordering things online in the comfort of my home. But both of those were nearby and one or the other is usually hot 'n ready.

On second thought, I had a Shield .40 on my hip waaaaay back in September when I picked up a couple items at my LGS for the holidays.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Last few days it's been my 44 Alaskan in a shoulder holster and my LCR on my belt or right front pocket.
IMG_20160715_193659_523.jpg

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I've been carrying my G19 the most lately.

Reactions: OD* and G-man*

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Went with the wife today so she could pick out her Christmas gifts.
Had so many choices on what to take, but a full sized, hi cap 40 caliber Glock carried IWB just seemed like a very good option.....it pegged the comfort level given the season of the year, and being out in high traffic, crowded public shooting lanes; if ya catch my meaning.

So, while patiently waiting for her to return with more cloths to try on, as all good husbands do:yup:, I took a quick photo showing my carry set up.
View attachment 165737

My old duty gun in a Kentucky Kydex iwb.
Damn fine specimen of a man in the photo too:)
You know there whole web sites dedicated to people exposing in the dressing rooms! DR

·
Super Moderator
19,882 Posts
Either a Kimber CDP Pro II in a Sparks Summer Special, or a Kahr CW9 in a Wild Bill's paddle. The farther I get from home (and the less familiar I am with the environment) the more likely I am to carry the .45.

Today I had to dress "business professional" to drop some stuff off at my lady's law firm in a Phoenix high-rise. It was warm (68 or so) and with no cover garment, I had to settle for the Kel-Tec P32 in a DeSantis Nemesis. Folding knife, spare mag and Key Defender in the off pocket.

·
Super Moderator
19,882 Posts
I was packing this Browning Hi Power in a Wright Leather Works Predator Holster while helping my daughters pick out Pandora charms for my wife. What better gun to carry in a fine jewelry store with two lovely young ladies???

View attachment 165745
I do so love a classic like that... were you maybe looking at some classic jewelry as well?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Well, normally it's my single stack 9. I did make an exception on Black Friday Friday morning at 3 AM I had to go to target to get my wife a new iPad air 2. And one for her mother. Decided to take the SR 9C with it 17 round mag in a SHTF (Black Arch) IWB. It's always good to dress for the occasion.:image035:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't pack heat while I shop at Amazon & Overstock.com.
A lot easier than fighting the crowd of idiots at the mall or Walmart. I'm too short tempered for that BS.
But if I HAVE TO GO OUT, one of my trusty 1911's goes with me.

BTW there gman, looking smooth there.😉

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
M&P .40c IWB we must conceal carry at all times here . I also have to be doing some business shopping while out as well .

·
Registered
63 Posts
"What heat are ya packing while Christmas shopping?"

The same "heat" that I normally pack when doing any kind of shopping, a Taurus Millenium G2 in 9mm.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts