Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a gen 4 26. I'm looking for a good holster to carry it appendix or 6 o'clock. Anywhere else isn't very comfortable for me. What would you recommend? I've been looking at the hi noon holsters, specifically Mr softee.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I have to agree with Houston (above). The G26 is soooo popular that there are literally hundreds of holsters that fit the gun very well. The trick is to make certain that the OTHER side of the holster fits...YOU! (and your intended location). :yup:

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
You did not specify leather or Kydex. Leather is thicker and will make a larger "bump" under your clothes but some people will only use leather. For the thinnest most efficient Kydex I recommend Vedder. I have 2 of their light tuck holsters and they are top notch. There are other decent Kydex holsters for less money if you are on a tight budget. Many men recommend holsters with a leather or neoprene backing and Kydex shell. My husband and I do not like them at all, but some people swear by them.

The above is why a lot of us have drawers full of holsters. I do recommend ordering from a company that will accept returns if you don't like the product - even if you have to pay the return shipping, it's cheaper than a bunch of holsters you won't ever use.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Super Moderator
24,656 Posts
I recommend a "custom made" always,. its cheeper in the long run..
Only IFF you know exactly what you want and where and how you want to carry.

After you know where and how, from experience, I agree with @Danielst.

You'll want a great gunbelt too!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I gota go with shootergranney and the others on the Vetter holster. I just got one and it is the ONLY kydex holster I ever used that doesnt bother me! I got mine for my SR9c to see if I could carry it in the AIWB position,and it worked perfect with out any pokeing or proding (A first for me!) in AIWB or 3:30-4:00 and its adjustable every witch way possible so you can wear it anywere on your belt line! the only negative thing I can say about vetter (not really) is that )#%^[email protected]&^dame clip!!!! You talk about strong WOW!! I split my finger-tip open trying trying to open it to get it over my belt and NO it isn't SHARP I did it by pressure trying to open it enough to Get it over my belt. If you have a thick belt (1/4in.) order a 1 3/4in clip its alot easyer to get over a thick belt! Your fingers will thank you!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
the only negative thing I can say about Vedder ...is that....clip!!!! You talk about strong WOW!! I split my finger-tip open trying trying to open it to get it over my belt and NO it isn't SHARP I did it by pressure trying to open it enough to Get it over my belt. If you have a thick belt (1/4in.) order a 1 3/4in clip its alot easyer to get over a thick belt! Your fingers will thank you!!!!
To true! I have to have Gramps hold open the clip to get it over my pants! The old Vedder holster I have came with a plastic (nylon?) clip which was for 1 1/34" belts and Gramps cut a pencil so I could glue it on the inside/top of the clip to make it fit my 1 1/2" thick belt. BUT it is very easy to get on and off and the belt slips through easily. IF you order a Vedder holster you might send them an email and ask if they still have those old clips. In fact, I might send them an email and ask about an old clip for the new one I just got.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i agree with Danielst this looks like something that might meet your needs a holster by Ken Null.

K.L. Null Holster Ltd. - Holsters

Also agree with Rock and Glock "Only IFF you know exactly what you want and where and how you want to carry."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts