Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK y’all … who has either one of these, and your honest opinion. I have T.L.S. and have had since its beginning. I have been very pleased with them and with their responsiveness and ability to answer any question I have had when I call (I have not had to make “that” call though). I would love to hear your experiences, and your thoughts on both of these pro and con, which you have and why, any problem with either, does anyone know of any class action or litigation against either one? As always, thanks for your insight. <LB>

Attachments

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I had a personal liability policy rather than one that was specifically for a SD event. It covered me for so many things that would not be covered by either of those plans. At the time I was running a plumbing business and it covered me for just about anything I could be held liable including an SD event. at the time it was one million in coverage for about $160 per year. But that was about 20 years ago. DR

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
If one carries homeowner insurance, their policy will more often than not cover them for wrongful injury as well as furnishing counsel to represent you in court so as to limit their liability. I have worked four shootings, all self defense and all were covered by the homeowners liability insurance.

Now if you are renting down in the lower end of the hood, not having insurance is a different set of circumstances.

Many companies wanting to cover concealed weapon holders are just ripping off those buying. Most of the time they hire a cheap lawyer, even though the company may be owned by lawyers, to save money and the lawyer they hire has more likely than not ever represented anyone in a shooting. Additionally, many of these insurers do not cover travel expense, expert witness fees, motel and meals or other such expenses. While I am an expert in the field, I do not charge what many do. One man I am well acquainted with gets $620 per hour plus expenses from the time he leaves home until he returns. The last case I associated with him on, just his retainer was $60K. which was only about 75 hrs of his time.

If it is a justified shooting, a person has little to nothing to worry about. Many states have laws now to protect a person from civil suits in a justifiable shooting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts