Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not meant to be a political thread, so please don't discuss the merits of D v. R or Biden v. Trump.

In light of recent events, I have been pondering what will happen if President Trump is re-elected. Recall in 2016 there were protests and, in some situations, violence. The "elites" had a collective meltdown in the wake of their disbelief, and they have been stuck in this perpetual second stage of grief for nearly four years.

I am quite concerned that if President Trump wins again, the 2016 response will seem peaceful compared to what I expect will happen. I believe the media and class warfare-baiters will pile so much coal on the fire that the boiler will blow. The reality of four more years of President Trump, coupled with the possibility of a judicially conservative shift in the Courts that will likely last a generation, will be too much for his opponents to handle.

I foresee riots that parallel the riots we are experiencing today.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Can we compare this to kids who have been spoiled by foolish weak parents (society, pastors, politicians, media) who then throw a temper tantrum to get their way? What then is the end result if you give in to that? Are you better off or worse off in the long run?

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
It is the anarchists that cause 95% of the unrest.
Only because in the past they were never confronted with violence directed at them.
To a person I think they are cowards who would run back to mamma's basement if they were ever threatened with a beat down or shot at.
Just look at them all kitted up in black helmets, skinny jeans and trash can shields.
Not one of them would stay to fight against armed and determined citizens. It would be over in an afternoon.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
What if President Trump isn't re-elected? That to me poses far greater danger than some piddly riots down in the cities. Let them burn their own cities down whining about "systemic racisim", fascism, whatever spins their crank. If the leftists gain full control of gov't. in this country, it'll have far greater impact on me and mine.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
This is not meant to be a political thread, so please don't discuss the merits of D v. R or Biden v. Trump.

In light of recent events, I have been pondering what will happen if President Trump is re-elected. Recall in 2016 there were protests and, in some situations, violence. The "elites" had a collective meltdown in the wake of their disbelief, and they have been stuck in this perpetual second stage of grief for nearly four years.

I am quite concerned that if President Trump wins again, the 2016 response will seem peaceful compared to what I expect will happen. I believe the media and class warfare-baiters will pile so much coal on the fire that the boiler will blow. The reality of four more years of President Trump, coupled with the possibility of a judicially conservative shift in the Courts that will likely last a generation, will be too much for his opponents to handle.

Confused....thought you wanted GOOD things that would happen if he is re-elected????

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I don't think anyone can say with any assurance that his re-election will send things one way or another. Keep in mind, there were 22 major incidents of civil unrest during Obama's administration, including the Ferguson riots. And while some leftists will try to put this one on Trump, like they put everything on Trump, I don't see that much of this sticking to him. This whole thing is on Minneapolis.

I think the big anti-Trump push is about the election. If he wins, there is no point anymore. There will still be hostility, but there would be little ground to gained by it. If they removed him from office in his second term, they would be facing a Republican incumbent in 2024 and they don't want that. On the positive side, he will have four more years to reform the court system. And if that is his biggest legacy, that will be enough for me. The Dems will almost surely get the White House again at some point, and we will need a strong court system. We also need to keep the Senate red.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Just wait until those folks living in the cities figure out that the overwhelming majority of their elected officials talk the good talk but in reality are only in the game for personal benefit and put the screws to their constituents whenever it benefits themselves. Then you're going to see riots...

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Just wait until those folks living in the cities figure out that the overwhelming majority of their elected officials talk the good talk but in reality are only in the game for personal benefit and put the screws to their constituents whenever it benefits themselves. Then you're going to see riots...
If they haven't figured that out by now, they never will. Crooked big city politics is a time honored tradition in this country going back to Boss Tweed or even farther. People in the cities just have a nanny state mentality and they are willing to let their politicians get personal gain as long as it appears that they are getting what they want.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
It will certainly be interesting to see what happens WHEN HE GETS ELECTED.:yup::yup: I'm hoping they all turn from Drinking the Koolaide, and make it easier to determine who the Zombies are! With that being said, it's Lock-n-Load time..:yup::yup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
It could go either way...total violent meltdown with riots, lootings and possible assassination attempts.

Or...total meltdown of whining, chest beating, hair pulling and generally ridiculous behavior.

It's hard to predict, and who knows what will happen between now and the election that could completely change everything.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think there is little chance of Trump wining. Usually incumbents are thrown out in troubled times to give someone else a chance.

Too bad. I'm a Trump supporter, but have to be realistic.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I think there is little chance of Trump wining. Usually incumbents are thrown out in troubled times to give someone else a chance.

Too bad. I'm a Trump supporter, but have to be realistic.
Yeah, his chances do seem to be slipping. That would be really unfortunate. I do think he would cream Biden in the debates, if they happen. Biden's mental issues will show up big time, making people wonder if he is even capable of taking office.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
I think the revolutionaries want to destroy the system before the elections can be held. That is their goal.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If he wins, of course there will be riots and violence. That is because the riots and violence are NOT a spontaneous reaction to an unfavorable outcome of something.

The riots and violence are a planned, organized effort. They are simply waiting in the wings for any nationally notable event that creates an expectation of tension, then they jump in. This is NOT going to stop, no matter who is elected. They will just wait for the next trigger event, and keep pursuing their agenda...

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/06/i-watched-antifa-grow-let-me-warn-you-about-these-terrorists/

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/06/02/6-cities-where-looters-are-ransacking-minority-owned-businesses/

·
Premium Member
33,765 Posts

It's gonna rain, regardless of who gets elected. It is either the cops coming to take me out because I'm a gun guy, or the rioters coming after me because I'm a white Republican who helped get him reelected.

·
Registered
33,946 Posts
Yeah, his chances do seem to be slipping. That would be really unfortunate. I do think he would cream Biden in the debates, if they happen. Biden's mental issues will show up big time, making people wonder if he is even capable of taking office.
I would not write him off. I see more Trump flags and stickers than ever before. I have yet to see a Biden one anywhere.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts