Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or how I learned to stop worrying and laugh at the morons:

I consider these hacks assault weapons...

·
Registered
497 Posts
This very topic was one of the last discussions I had with a friend, that ultimately ended our friendship. Incredibly frustrating to watch but typical from the left.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Virtually every rifle, pistol, and shotgun was some version of a assault, military weapon, at some time in their beginning.....
First came the flintlock
Second came the persussion
Then the trapdoor
Fourth the lever gun
Fifth the bolt action
Sixth the semi-auto (rifle and pistol)
Fully automatic weapons....do ya see where I am going with this.....the govt could reason that all firearms are assault rifles as they all were at one time a military weapon!

Assault weapon = WHAT THE GOVERNMENT SAYS THEY ARE!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I own a 'cowboy assault rifle' and a 'modern sporter rifle'. I also hunt pheasant with a 'sporting destructive device'. :image035:

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
assault weapon is one of many terms to make an ordinary firearm sound scary. Ever notice that AR15s carried by police are referred to as "patrol rifles"? You own a bolt action? Why do you need a "sniper rifle"?

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
by its simplest definition as assault is an attack. So if I attack someone with a fork it becomes an assault for. If I do it with an ice cream cone, well you get the idea................

Reactions: Hoganbeg

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
If it is a PDW "personal defense weapon" in the hands of a government worker, it is the same in my hands.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
assault weapon is one of many terms to make an ordinary firearm sound scary. Ever notice that AR15s carried by police are referred to as "patrol rifles"? You own a bolt action? Why do you need a "sniper rifle"?
When government agencies put out bid requests for what is invariably a version of an AR15, often with select fire capability, they call it a "personal defense weapon". But what do all the agencies do with these guns? They assault the public - ATF, FBI, EPA, IRS, et all.

Same guns, different clothes.

two guns.png

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I thought they all had shoulder things that go up?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts