Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently carry a SCCY:dead: (POS) CPX-2, I have several larger 9 MM that feel too big for concealed carry. What is a dependable smaller pistol that wont break the bank?
Thank for your advice!

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
What other guns do you have or have fired ?

Really find a range and rent rent rent and see what you like and like to clean that easy

Different guns from different folks

I like Glock 19 and 43 for carry

Some people like sig 229 for carry which I do at times ( you can find used ones for cheep )

Some like CZp01 or rammi for carry etc etcc

·
Registered
782 Posts
Glock 43, Glock 26, Glock 19, S&W Shield, S&W Compact, XDs........ all are medium priced I think. Shield is on the lower end if you buy it right and look for deals. What bigger 9mm. You are likely underestimating conceal-ability. Do you have to hide from you boss/co-workers in order to keep your job or just everyday folks out-n-about?

·
Registered
246 Posts
If your looking for something the same size or smaller than the SCCY then the Glock 26 might be good for you if you can afford it. If not you might want to go down to single stack. If you do that I agree with others that the M&P Shield is a good one to look at.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Glock 43, Glock 26, Glock 19, S&W Shield, S&W Compact, XDs........ all are medium priced I think. Shield is on the lower end if you buy it right and look for deals. What bigger 9mm. You are likely underestimating conceal-ability. Do you have to hide from you boss/co-workers in order to keep your job or just everyday folks out-n-about?
Those are the ones I'd be looking at.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just for everyday folks. I can conceal my larger pistols it just takes more effort and adjusting or wearing something that covers. I like the size of my current EDC, it can fit into my back or front pants pocket.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Look at these videos if you are looking for a single stack 9mm. I went with the LC9s Pro because if felt better in my wife's hands. Shoots great and won't break the bank.

·
Super Moderator
24,649 Posts
Your choice will be very personal, and you've been given some good options. Having said that, when I jettisoned my SCCY several years ago, I went with a Glock 26.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Like others have said G-19, G-26, Shield, and M&P 9C! They are all winners in my book!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts