Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Wow! I didn’t notice where you live when I posted that. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Ok you win carry as big of a gun as you could. Be safe out there:smile:
:five:

Reactions: Sister

·
Super Moderator
16,122 Posts
If you wear Wranglers with those nice big deep pockets this works well for pocket carry, for less recoil I just load it with 44Spl.

M29_R.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
If you wear Wranglers with those nice big deep pockets this works well for pocket carry, for less recoil I just load it with 44Spl.

View attachment 299050
Someone else on the forum clued me in to those. As a "jeans wearing guy" for 90% of the time, I'm going to invest in some!

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
View attachment 299140

The J frame has been carried by more souls off duty, and in concealed situations than possibly any other weapon on the planet. To be perfect? It needs a 3" barrel and night sights.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I’ve carried the S&W .38 bodyguard revolver for years, if it’s not my main carry it’s my back up for the pony. I do shoot the pony better. Prolly cause it’s a bigger gun, would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I gotta go with the Ruger Speed Six in .357 and the Colt Detective Special 3rd generation in .38 special. I've owned both and sorely miss them both.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
S&W K frame snubby

Assuming that you want to belt carry the revolver, I think the best choice is a S&W K frame in .357 magnum with a 2.5 or 3.0 inch barrel. It conceals easily behind the hip in a pancake holster, the gun is heavy enough to handle the recoil, and the double action and single action trigger pulls are perfect. My favorite two of this type are shown below, the stainless model 66 and the blued model 19:

·
Registered
119 Posts
From my own inventory it's the S&W 442. It's far from being my favorite revolver but for concealment this one is hard to beat.
Same for me. Have same gun, same holster. Have an Uncle Mike's inside pocket holster that is better fitting. The 442 is my "go anywhere gun" and is the one I keep in a lock box in the car so I can just drop it into a pocket when I'm out and about town. It's light enough to not feel like a hunk of steel, and curvy enough not to feel like a gun. Don't worry about mags or springs or unloading the one in the chamber... keep it loaded with HST Micro +P and 10 more on two Bianchi speed strips.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
The one slammed into the guts.

Well, so much for my bragadocio about eye poking and nose picking . . .

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Was told by an old cowboy.
Stetson's and Levi's are for city folks
Cowboys wear Resistols and Wranglers.
That's funny! I wear Resistol & Wrangler.
I ain't no cowboy, though I work around our property and have horses (I don't ride them). Just common sense protection from the sun, critters, and cactus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
That's funny! I wear Resistol & Wrangler.
I ain't no cowboy, though I work around our property and have horses (I don't ride them). Just common sense protection from the sun, critters, and cactus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
May not be a cowboy, but shows you have good taste.
Now don't get me started on boots!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like my Ruger speed sixes but, for the overall most diverse concealed carry revolver I would have to vote 642/442. The others are just too heavy for a "floating gun" which is how I like to use my 642. 357 magnum from a lightweight is just too violent for consistent fast and accurate shooting one handed so for me the 357 belongs in an all steel revolver with a longer barrel.
I can't think of a better gun to go from sweatpants pocket to coat pocket to waistband that can be fired from inside that coat pocket as well.
I would go so far as to offer it up as the best all around concealed carry gun...period. Remember that "overall" covers a lot of applications to me even though there are better handguns for specific duties than an airweight snub.
100% agree. I carry a 642 no-lock and I agree, it covers nearly all the bases. While I would rather carry my Glock 26 for the firepower aspect alone, it's just not something I can easily carry around the house in gym shorts or when I am in my business attire for work. "Easily" is the key word there. I tend to drift towards "no fuss, no muss" mode with concealed carry. The 642 checks all the boxes for me.

However, the G26 is always in the vehicle with 150 rounds in loaded magazines. The SHTF plan is that the 642 needs to get me to the car, the G26 needs to get me home, and when I'm home, I have a lot more to throw at the opposition.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts