Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an older thread asking for community opinions on 9MM handguns and how soft/flat they shot. My question for you in this thread is a little more specific... which COMPACT 9MM (15 round magazine pistol) is the softest and flattest shooting in your opinion.

I think my personal tier list would look something like this:

1. Walther Q4 Steel Frame
  2. CZ P01 Steel Frame version (Not Aluminum) (You can get 15 round flush fit mags for these now so they qualify)
  3. Zev OZ9c
  4. Berreta PX4 Storm Compact
  5. Shadow Systems MR920
  6. CZ P-07
  7. Canik TP9SF Elite
  8. Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact
  9. HK USP
  10. Sig P320 X-Compact
-
I put a lot of thought and research into that ranking. I'd love to know your thoughts. :cool:

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
After shooting mainly a 357mag revolver for hunting and 40sw since '89 for carry and most of those years with warmer to hot loads sort a makes even a cm9 kahr with underwood +P can seem like its nothing special .

I would say a 1911 commander or a 4" version is the most tunable as you can change the main spring recoil spring and even the radius on the bottom edge of the firing pin stop to tune the pistol to a load .

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
The heaviest gun with the lowest bore axis will have the least felt recoil and be the most controllable. Flat shooting is a function of velocity so the longer barrels have the edge there.
A better question is what is to be this gun's purpose; range toy, home defense, concealed carry? All rank the characteristics of the various guns differently.
I like the M&P Compact.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
22,114 Posts
Glock 20 with a Dillon 9X25 barrel for flattest shooting.

Reactions: QuickQuestionAnon

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I really like my Shield .. not the lightest, not the thinest not the best trigger , not close ..
But I have found it very shootable .. for a very carry-able .. pistol..... It really slipped in .. took over my G43’s roll ..

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Of those listed I own 2 and have shot a another quite a bit. Of the three, I would pick the Shadow Systems MR920.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Which other 2 did you shoot?
From the list, the SIG x-compact (about 4000 rounds so far) and my SIL's S&W (only a couple of hundred rounds). I have about 1600 rounds through the MR920. No complaints about any of these 3 and the soft/flat difference is not that great, but it is noticeable.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Walther CCP 9mm due to its gas piston-delayed blow back mechanism.

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
1. CZ 75 Compact (metal) - Softest shooter, but the trigger shape made my finger sore. I like the omega trigger shape much better.
2. Tristar T100 (metal) - Same trigger shape issue
3. CZ P07
4. Canik TP9SF Elite
5. Ruger American Compact and SR9c

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
HKP7M13 ...Only has a 13 round mag but its gona to be one of the softest due to its gas system ..The Styer GB is probley about the same as well

1 - 20 of 40 Posts