Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of expensive "boutique" match pistols like the CZ AccuShadow 2 or a 1911/2011... what are some of the softest shooting 9MM pistols you've ever shot and how would you rank them?

By soft shooting, I mean the most manageable recoil, the least amount of muzzle flip, and the flattest shooting, where the round follows its flight path in a flat accurate trajectory.

I'm curious to know about your experiences and your personal ranking.

Here is my personal list:

1. CZ 75 SP-01 (does this gun have recoil?)
  2. Walther PPQ Q5 Match
  3. Beretta 92
  4. CZ P-10 F
  5. Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 with Apex Trigger
  6. CZ P-01
  7. Glock 17 - lol just kidding

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
My Colt Combat Commander is the softest 9mm I have.

Softest shooting in the 9mm micro compact carry would be my 938. I have read many people make statements such as, "shoots like a much bigger pistol". It really is a soft shooter if you consider the size weight.

Never shot one but I bet the Sig P226 Stainless Elite is incredibly soft shooting. Weighs like 46 oz or something.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
The recoils is so light on most 9mm that I haven't put a lot of though into to it. I don't recall ever shooting a 9mm and thinking "wow, way more recoil than I thought". I have had that happen with plenty of other calibers. Probably my Sig 226.

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
Hubby's RIA 1911 9mm. I only was "allowed" to shoot it once, but it is a dream to shoot, and I'm the one with the severely damaged hands.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts