Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
My SIG P229 Enhanced Elite (as configured with a 9mm Bar-Sto Conversion barrel) and my Beretta PX4 Storm Compact with its rotary barrel design.
IMG_3040.jpeg

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My regular carry is an alloy framed .45. I really can't differentiate any real difference in recoil in any of the 9's I've ever shot as a result

·
Registered
367 Posts
Tie between my Ruger P89 and SR9c. Love them them both!!!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Glock 19C - a regular Glock 19 has little recoil, the C model further reduces muzzle flip.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Sig MPX.

·
Registered
34,726 Posts
Soft-shooting 9mm . . . like a 9mm kicks like a .44 Mag or something.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Soft-shooting 9mm . . . like a 9mm kicks like a .44 Mag or something.
I keep getting these types of reactions. The thread isn't to determine whether a 9MM has heavy kick or not, it's to determine which one is the soft(est) of the "soft" you have ever shot... if putting it like that helps.

If you can't tell the difference then just don't respond because your answer is, "I don't know".

·
Registered
34,726 Posts
I keep getting these types of reactions. The thread isn't to determine whether a 9MM has heavy kick or not, it's to determine which one is the soft(est) of the "soft" you have ever shot... if putting it like that helps.

If you can't tell the difference then just don't respond because your answer is, "I don't know".
Oh I can tell the difference, it just doesn't matter much to me in a soft-shooting caliber.

·
Super Moderator
18,337 Posts
"It just doesn't matter much to me in a soft-shooting caliber" is just as valid a response as "I keep saying... I am not a Beretta fan but the LTT Elite's look so sexy." for folks participating in this thread on the topic of soft shooting 9mms.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
"It just doesn't matter much to me in a soft-shooting caliber" is just as valid a response as "I keep saying... I am not a Beretta fan but the LTT Elite's look so sexy." for folks participating in this thread on the topic of soft shooting 9mms.
No, I agree... "It just doesn't matter much to me in a soft-shooting caliber" is a valid response.

Nevertheless, when people make statements like, "Soft shooting 9mm?" it comes across as a bit patronizing. Almost as if they are insinuating that the question is nonsensical.

Imagine if your wife asks you, "Hey which one of these dresses makes me look pretty?", and your response was... "A dress that makes you look pretty?"

Veering off-topic is inevitable in any public forum, and I get your point that both statements didn't contribute anything meaningful to the topic, but only one of the 2 could be interpreted as a bit disparaging.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Outside of expensive "boutique" match pistols like the CZ AccuShadow 2 or a 1911/2011... what are some of the softest shooting 9MM pistols you've ever shot and how would you rank them?

By soft shooting, I mean the most manageable recoil, the least amount of muzzle flip, and the flattest shooting, where the round follows its flight path in a flat accurate trajectory.

I'm curious to know about your experiences and your personal ranking.

Here is my personal list:

1. CZ 75 SP-01 (does this gun have recoil?)
  2. Walther PPQ Q5 Match
  3. Beretta 92
  4. CZ P-10 F
  5. Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 with Apex Trigger
  6. CZ P-01
  7. Glock 17 - lol just kidding
Is no one going to mention the ultimate soft shooter, and "Everyone's First Gun," the Ruger p89?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My old Colt Government Model in 9mm. Felt like I was shooting a .22 with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 116 Posts