Defensive Carry banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
The softest 9mm pistol I ever shot was a CZ75. It wasn't mine but I wish it was. It was sweet. I mainly shoot a full size M&P9, it's my EDC. I pocket carry the M&P9c in a sticky holster for my back up. I have shot some 115gr HP, +p+ and none of that was soft.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd probably go with my CZ75 B Omega Trigger for full size, and Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall for Micro size. In between, the Mossberg MC1sc is quite surprising for polymer and it's sub compact size.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
are researching for a high school term paper? Go shoot about 400 different ones like I have and you will have your answer. BTW, if you have to worry about 9mm recoil, you really need to stick with the Airsoft gun.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
Pistoleer
496 Posts
Genitron.com offers TESTED recoil results in ft-# for just about any handgun.
All you need is experience with any gun whose recoil is ideal, find it's recoil match on Genitron in any other caliber
This is exactly what I did. Once I determined what was unacceptable to me I was able to determine all the other pistols that matched or were below my maximum acceptable recoil levels. Pistols with good ergonomics can help deal with the recoil a bit but I first made sure that the listed recoil levels were OK.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Genitron.com offers TESTED recoil results in ft-# for just about any handgun.
All you need is experience with any gun whose recoil is ideal, find it's recoil match on Genitron in any other caliber
Thanks a million! This was very useful! I plugged some of the data from the site into a spreadsheet and then filtered it by the pistols with the least amount of recoil. I chose some of the guns I was particularly curious about. The results were very interesting!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Well, after reading 6 pages of comments and wondering if anyone would be able to sort this all out past opinion, we come to the chart. So I went there and looked up my Sig P250sc 9mm dao and was pleased to see it made the above chart - at least if you plug in all the numbers. It's right below the Sig P320X Compact and very similar if you use the 15 round mag and the adapter. So, after all this reading I don't have to go out and buy a CZ or a Beretta or any of the other favorites. The small grip of the sc along with the longer mag and adapter make this a perfect fit for my hand where some double stacks are just too wide to be comfortable. It also conceals easier with the shorter magazine and is still very accurate and easy to shoot. It shoots very accurately for me and is not too heavy like some of the steel guns with the lower recoil numbers. Heck, my 100 pound daughter fell in love with my Series 70 Govt in .45 saying it shoots soft and the most accurately of all she has tried so far. Heinie's sights and reliability package helps also. I'd also forgotten it didn't have my 4# trigger but one in the higher 2# range. I need to swap that out for safety sake, though it's never been a problem for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably would have too be a Beretta 92FS. I think the extra weight of metal dampen the recoil. I imagine a CZ-75 would have even softer recoil, but I've never shot one.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
S&W model 59
Browning HI Power
Colt Commander (Steel or Lightweight doesn't matter)
Sig P228
Sig P226
Beretta 92 (Full size and Compact models)
My HK P7 guns (but they do get warm cuz they're gas operated systems)
Lot of others, too many to list

101 - 116 of 116 Posts