Defensive Carry banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Wear a Chuck Norris mask. They will think you have no gun because you don't need it.

Reactions: demanic

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wear a Chuck Norris mask. They will think you have no gun because you don't need it.
Chuck Norris would carry a gun because it is less lethal.

• Haha
Reactions: GRCarry and NavCop

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Just wear a long coat like Duncan MacLeod. Heck, he hid a katana in that thing.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Noted. I know a Hi Point .45 fits in a drill holster and could pass with a little colored duct tape. So, a tool belt might work, but I am against off-body carry.
Oh no, you don't have to have your gun in the toolbag. Just carry the toolbag. You can have the gun on your regular belt. Apparently toolbags have this mystical power to make you invisible.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just wear a long coat like Duncan MacLeod. Heck, he hid a katana in that thing.
I have a couple of those, but no long coat.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Oh no, you don't have to have your gun in the toolbag. Just carry the toolbag. You can have the gun on your regular belt. Apparently toolbags have this mystical power to make you invisible.
I understand the concept. I just think my sidearms would be less visible in a tool belt filled with a 12 inch screwdriver, a four pound dead blow hammer, and a utility knife/box cutter. "I am not the felon you are looking for," is my mindset. They will always want to look in the tool bag.

·
Registered
472 Posts
For me, it depends upon where I'm at... I'm in Texas, so being "legally concealed" just means that it is covered, even it it prints and leaves no doubt that you are carrying. Of course, we also have legal open carry, but some businesses choose to legally discriminate against licensed open carry by posting the required 30.07 sign. If they want to discriminate against licensed concealed carry, they have to post the required 30.06 sign. If I have the misfortune of being in a state that chooses to infringe upon everyone's 2nd Amendment rights, I'm more likely to carry a more compact handgun that can be TRULY concealed so that even if you are chatting with an officer on the street corner, he won't know that you are carrying. For the most part though, I try to avoid those leftist locations (because leftist locations are more likely to also have leftist cops who do not believe that the 2nd Amendment is a REAFFIRMATION of a BASIC HUMAN RIGHT and not subject to any "reinterpretation" or INFRINGEMENT for any FREE MAN).

Normally, I just wear a vest as a covering garment and whatever handgun I choose to carry that day in a OWB holster (leather for certain handguns, Kydex paddle for others, often depending upon clothing choices for that day)... I hate having a wallet in my back pocket and the vest has enough zippered pockets that I can carry the wallet, cell phone, and whatever else I might want... Of course, it sucks in the summer here in Texas (no matter how much you try to tell yourself that it is all in your mind and it is not hot -- self-delusion only goes so far before Mr Heatstroke reminds you of reality)...

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Untucked, loose fit shirt with pattern, plaid, stripe, or print.
Camouflage for the Glock 19 I carry every where AIWB, in the heat, in a "good area".

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
You conceal your pistol in your cleavage???
Hey,
Us short round little old ladies can hide all kinds of stuff and nobody gives us a second look. Folks expect folks like me to be making pies in the kitchen not blowing up stuff with AR pistol’ies at the range 👍🏻

I was the kid that got away, dinky people have an edge that regular ppl don’t. Can’t even see us driving, all you see is knuckles and no knuckle recognition app yet!!!

·
Premium Member
6,887 Posts
Camouflage for the Glock 19 I carry every where AIWB, in the heat, in a "good area".
View attachment 363446
View attachment 363446
I had never considered the effect of a shirts pattern on effectiveness of concealment. I have a bunch of Columbia PFG shirts. They look great, wear like iron, comfortable, etc.

They also run on the large side. Plenty of room left for CC. But, most are solid colors in the body area. You just gave me something else to factor in.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Cary your gun in a large pink purse. :p
That might go unnoticed in Portland Metro. I am still not Californicated like the rest in Willamette Valley. I was born, raised, and spent my career where men are men and sheep aren't afraid; Pendleton, but your response is in keeping with my sense of humor.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This read is funny as hell and all, but seriously, I don't understand. If it's concealed, what is there to camouflage, unless you are concerned about printing. I really don't worry about it since nobody notices anyway. Although, I wouldn't turn down a stroll with J-Lo.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts