Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your primary carry gun and do you carry extra mags with you and if you do how many mags do you carry? Of course you dont carry extra mags if your primary carry gun is a revolver

·
Registered
13,766 Posts
Topic already running here: What do you carry?
But that thread got started in 2004 and has gone to 346 pages. It's about time we started a new one.

I just upgraded to a Sig P365 and I carry one extra mag. If I need really deep carry, it is a S&W Bodyguard .380 with one extra mag.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
What is carried is informative, but why is important. IMO.

If one is limited by work clothes, they may carry a pocket 380 most frequently.
That doesn't mean its their preference to carry the pocket 380 its due to limitation.

Another may say they usually pocket carry a 380 but they are retired. They choose it.
Why? Is it because they deem it capable? Easy to discern that, it is carried everywhere?
If pocket 380 is carried everywhere, regardless of anticipated threat, that speaks for its self.
If pocket 380 is only carried in "good area" but 9mm or larger elsewhere, telling.
May be due to unrequired shirt tucking or unwilling to usually wear a holster on belt.

So, I usually carry a Glock 32 (same size as a 19) - but why.
I'm retired, can dress as I choose and never tuck my shirt.
My philosophy: Try to carry a handgun you would prefer to defend yourself with.
What handgun would I prefer to defend myself with? Smaller than a 9mm is not preferred.
Yea, I'd prefer a Glock 20SF over a 19/32 but thin summer (all year) shirts are a factor.
Glock 19/32 meets simple criteria of preferred and that is not reduced if I'm in a nice spot.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I carry a Shield 9mm. Easily concealable and with the Magguts +2 spring kit I can get 9 + 1 with the short mag, so I don't feel I need extra mags. I've had it since January 2014 and it seems to a great fit for me.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Mainly the G43X....but on occasion the G43 or G19 comes out. No matter which it is, there's always a reload on the left side.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yea, I'd prefer a Glock 20SF over a 19/32 but thin summer (all year) shirts are a factor.
Glock 19/32 meets simple criteria of preferred and that is not reduced if I'm in a nice spot.
I carry a Glock 19 for work. A couple of weeks ago I went on vacation out west and carried my Glock 29. I carried both concealed and out on the trails. It is a bit thinker and heavier than the G19/32 but I didn't have anymore trouble concealing it then I do with my 19/32.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Of late, I've been carrying the EAA Windicator snubby with full-power.357 loads around the farm and around town. If I leave the property, I'll grab my" extra magazine" - a pill bottle with 6 extra rounds- if I think about it.

Why? I'm a revolver guy first and foremost, and I have discovered that I can point-shoot the snubby better than anything else I have besides the Python.

If I'm venturing anywhere else, I'm carrying a Dan Wesson Vigil Commander in .45 ACP with 2 spares.

Why? Because of all the semi-autos I own, I am most accurate overall with the Vigils. (.45 and 9mm). I don't yet have two spares for the 9, though.

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Usually have reloads in the vehicle but not on person. What I carry is suited the the environment and other factors. But always a 38 or a 380.

·
Registered
606 Posts
My EDC gun is a Shadow Systems MR918, primarily carried in a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard during the Spring, Fall, and Winter months. A spare mag in a Kramer single mag pouch is also carried. During the Summer, or when I need or want more concealment, I'll switch over to a Sparks SSII IWB holster and carry my extra mag in a Comp Tac single mag pouch.

My wife's EDC gun is a Glock 26, carried in a FIST ultra thin kydex IWB holster. A spare mag in a Comp Tac single mag pouch. Over the last few months, she has been using a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard from time to time again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I carry a 5" "Classic" 629 .44mag. In a homemade under-the-shirt vertical cloth shoulder holster rig. Every day, from pajamas-off until pajamas-on. I also carry a speedloader with 6 additional rounds ... but I don't expect to need that.

My reasons for that choice are that, in self defense, I want to shoot as few bullets as possible, and so I want each bullet I shoot to be as powerful as possible. The most powerful bullet I can carry and shoot is a .44magum. For that strategy to work, I need to be very accurate, and I have found that I can shoot my 5" 629 more accurately than anything else. I also carry a speedloader with 6 additional rounds ... but I don't expect to need that. And I carry a backup gun in my right front pocket ... a S&W 360sc ultralight snubby.

·
Premium Member
6,375 Posts
What is your primary carry gun and do you carry extra mags with you and if you do how many mags do you carry? Of course you dont carry extra mags if your primary carry gun is a revolver
WHAT is your primary carry?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts