• In waistband (IWB, other)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belt holster (OWB, Strong side)

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Belt holster (OWB, Cross draw)

• Belt holster (OWB, other)

• In Pants (SmartCarry or other similar)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Belly band holster

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Shoulder holster

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Ankle

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Off body carry

• Other

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this poll ran before but I think it was on the old site. I couldn't find it here. With more people it might be a little more meaningful now, as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Voted other. Pocket holster.

·
Administrator
143,467 Posts
Heck........So Far.....

More "Shoulder" people here than I would have ever imagined.
Who Da Thunk It ? :confused:
Me...so far.......

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have used all but one, so unless one can punch more than one answer, the poll means little. Even 'most often' is meaningless, because I always carry two, usually three, and often four guns, not all in one location.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
I carry only one gun and carry it IWB strong side most of the time. Not all of the time but most of the time.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
For those wearing belt holster OWB (strong side) where do you all reside??? Right now it is almost possibel but today we broke 70 degrees and after a few hou sof running errand sfor the wife I was no longer smelling baby fresh, or ocean fresh, what ever teh hell the new scent is. What do you all do to prevent yourselves from getting ahem MUSTY.

I could see palces like PA and NY, and OH going this route as well as all the other cold States, but those of us where we bare more skin, Umm that ain't going to work.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ok what about your primary???

~A

KC135 said:
I have used all but one, so unless one can punch more than one answer, the poll means little. Even 'most often' is meaningless, because I always carry two, usually three, and often four guns, not all in one location.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
APachon said:
For those wearing belt holster OWB (strong side) where do you all reside??? Right now it is almost possibel but today we broke 70 degrees and after a few hou sof running errand sfor the wife I was no longer smelling baby fresh, or ocean fresh, what ever teh hell the new scent is. What do you all do to prevent yourselves from getting ahem MUSTY.

I could see palces like PA and NY, and OH going this route as well as all the other cold States, but those of us where we bare more skin, Umm that ain't going to work.

~A
I do shy away from traditionally blued guns for that reason. I prefer guns with one of the new coatings or stainless guns. In summer here (Phoenix) I will probably carry the stainless.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
APachon said:

~A
As you know Andy, I also live in Las Vegas and I find that wearing a t-shirt and either a short sleeve shirt unbuttoned with the shirt tail out or my Campco vest which is really very cool and it has 30 pockets for carrying other junk.
When it's really hot here I carry IWB and a large t shirt. I can carry my full size 1911 this way with complete concealment.
I have always said that it's not the gun you carry, it's the holster you carry it in that determines its concealibility.
I guess I'm just a cold blooded type, I'm still wearing my leather flight jacket. I'm not hot at all.
Like Bumper both of my carry guns have a corrosion proof finish, so that's not a worry for me.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Wow that Wine took its toll on my typing skills or rather lack there of. I apologize for that folks. Thanks for the feedback Gents. Bob, I am thinking I might need to take a peek at that vest. I usually wear a t-shirt with a untucked button down shirt over and iwb strong side (4-o-Clockish). Never really printed that I am aware of.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I place my holster IWB appendix, left side. I'm right handed and it is just a small cross-draw. But it is comfortable and easy to keep concealed.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
I can carry IWB with a t -shirt. But usually its colder up here in MI.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Two rigs, one for work, and one for off duty. My go to work rig is my Galco paddle, which is comfortable and a quick on off for storage at the lockers. Here is a pic - I don't bother to conceal in uniform.;)

Just a day or two ago, I got a new IWB nylon rig from Orca, that seems to be working well for off duty CCW - I will post pics when they get developed from the cheap disposable camera....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts