Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking the other day that the gun I actually carry second-most often to my usual pocketed pair of LCPs at work is not actually what I would have thought...one of my Glocks.

No, my second-most often carried sidearm is actually my .22 LR NAA Mini revolver. Why? Before I get dressed, it goes into my pajama pocket. When I get home and throw my work clothes in the wash and change into sweat shorts (no belt), it goes into my pocket again. Since it is single action, it can be carried safely without a pocket holster, and that makes it very compact and light weight when at home.

And other than work, I’m spending a lot more time at home, as I suspect many of us are due to this virus nonsense. So, with long guns nearby, the NAA spends a lot of time in my pocket while I am very comfortably dressed at home.

What about you?

·
Vendor
1,638 Posts
Glock 17 as it's what I practice with the most.
From the time I get up till I go to bed it's on my side, when I'm asleep it's on my night stand.
Next would be my S&W M&P. I have wife hands and can't shoot small guns very well as if I can get my little finger on the grip I struggle to make good groups.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
S&W .380 Bodyguard. Inside a pocket holster, it practically disappears in my front pocket, unlike my preferred Ruger LCR, which is a bit bulge-y. The BG also fits well in a below the belt, belly band holster, similar to a Smart Carry. It completely disappears carried that way. I like those options for legal, but still non-CC-welcome environments.

·
Registered
36,139 Posts
I usually carry my S&W 6906 with my Glock 30 as my secondary carry. Weight is the main reason the G30 isn't the #1. Nothing to do with caliber, knock-down power, capacity, concealability, etc., merely the weight of the G30 wears me down more.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
I've grown to appreciate my 3-Gen Glock-26 with a tie for second carry choice being my Ruger SP-101 or my 3-Gen Glock-30SF. As I sit and type in my easy chair, my G-19 is on my side.

Reactions: 10thmtn

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
I carry "4" EVERY DAY I leave the house. Should I post "a second 4" that might be carried? These have been the "carry" I chose since 2017. Any changes would be "an addition" & not a substitute/rotation/weather related change.

100_0760.JPG

Reactions: scottync

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
I guess that would be my little Kahr PM9 - it's just slightly smaller than my normal carry but handy to carry in pocket as b/u, etc.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I normally carry a 4"1911, but secondary carry depends heavily on the weather, the situation, and what I am wearing. My first choice for a secondary carry would be a 3" Kimber 1911 or maybe my SIG M11-A1. That being said, my old Colt Mustang gets a lot of summer carry, but the Kimber would be my answer to the question. Geez, I think it is 17 years old.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I guess my LCP since its the only other gun thats currently in a carry holster. I think I walked around the block with it once or twice last year.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My EDC gun is my Shadow Systems MR918 (its replaced my Glock 19s). If I am not carrying that, then I am carrying my "I'm not carrying a gun" gun - my S&W Model 38 Bodyguard (original bodyguard). Another MR918 sits in the safe alongside a grip reduced Gen 3 26. I had the 26 out a few days back, but after a couple of hours it went back into the safe and the MR918 back on my hip.

For my wife its her Glock 26, all day - every day, no second most carried gun at all for her. A spare 26 rests in the safe should her primary go down, be placed into evidence, etc...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My secondary carry choice is my Springfield XDM 4.5 in 40 cal. I just don't like carrying it as much as my revolver, but the higher capacity is nice to have as an option at times.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
My most frequently carried has to be my Gen 4 Glock 26 with second most often carried being a Gen 4 Glock 19.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Every day I carry a BHP 9mm and a NAA 22mag OR I carry a G43 and a NAA 22mag.

·
Super Moderator
16,815 Posts
Normally I carry some form of 1911 but sometimes just to be different I’ll carry an itty bitty P-938, disappears nicely in a pocket or an IWB or OWB holster under an un-tucked shirt.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts