Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does our government no longer function properly? Where does the corruption in government stem from? What is the solution?

Reactions: tony1990

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Edit: Jail (the solution)

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
I'd start by firing the idiot from Kenya. Then I'd work my way down the list.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Take the money out of the equation. Money comes with power. Power is built over time. Limit their time in power - term limits. Add in stiffer jail terms for good measure.
Term limits absolutely. Their "job" was never meant to be a lifetime appointment. I don't believe that's what the Founders envisioned.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd start by firing the idiot from Kenya. Then I'd work my way down the list.
You, my friend, are rite on the money! The founding of the federal reserve was the beginning of the end 100 years ago. He who has the power to print money controls all who spend it.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Term limits absolutely. Their "job" was never meant to be a lifetime appointment. I don't believe that's what the Founders envisioned.
Be careful with that thinking. Seems like the anti's say the same thing about hi cap mags and "assualt weapons"

I don't care about term limits. If the personis actually good we would like that person to stay...just like any other job. What they need to do is get rid of the perks. Health care only while in office. Congress should only be in session twice a year for 30 days. It should not be a full time job.

You take all the perks out of it then you will get a lot of the trash from running. Every State has enough dedicated citizens that would do the job if given a chance.

Reactions: Tzadik and cozwurth

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
It's simple. Reduce its scope and responsibilities. Why do we need at ATF? Seriously. Government will always be corrupt and completely incompetent at anything other than breaking things and killing people. Therefore, its responsibilities stop at keeping the barbarians on the other side of the border and severely punishing murderers and thieves. We can give it a couple others, like upholding contracts (again something that may require force) and minting coins, but that's it. Want to stop the corruption? Stop thinking "what should the government do about it?" whenever you go pondering a new problem.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Term limits are a good start though? How can Dian Feinstein enter office worth squat... Now her estimated value is 46million to 108million? Perhaps she is a good saver? Perhaps its the legalized insider trading? Perhaps its vote buying?

·
Registered
45,327 Posts
We've had term limits all along. At the end of a term, send them packing--but no, we keep voting them back in. Why shouldn't they ride the gravy train as long as they can and reap whatever rewards they can gain?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Take big money out of it then the dirtbags will stop kissing there butts and start kissing voters butts again.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Why does our government no longer function properly? Where does the corruption in government stem from? What is the solution?
It will not be easy since Politcians usually exempt themselves from their obligations and rules that most people would go to jail for breaking. All we can do is vote the bums out of office.
:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
-Term limits, one term for President, two 2 year terms for House & one term for Senate.
-Congress would be a UN-paid job & only part-time....the would come serve for 2 months at the beginning of each year, then go home to their real JOB! (no retirement & no benefits)
-All legislative bills from Congress would limited to ONE PAGE...none of these multi-thousand page bills they don't read & hide pork in!
-Abolish the current tax code & replace it with a FLAT FAIR TAX.
-Close a lot of government departments (like the Dept of Education & Energy......cut back EPA & every redundant department.)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's simple. Reduce its scope and responsibilities. Why do we need at ATF? Seriously. Government will always be corrupt and completely incompetent at anything other than breaking things and killing people. Therefore, its responsibilities stop at keeping the barbarians on the other side of the border and severely punishing murderers and thieves. We can give it a couple others, like upholding contracts (again something that may require force) and minting coins, but that's it. Want to stop the corruption? Stop thinking "what should the government do about it?" whenever you go pondering a new problem.
Best idea yet. What do we generally do to controll government size? Well... We need to have a branch of government to watch that branch of government, lol. Or pass a law to ensure that they are following the law. I especially like how many people are excited when Obama or Holder or Clinton or the IRS gets caught in scandle after scandle. They say... Their investigating the DOJ!!! look closer though... The DOJ will be investigating the DOJ, lol. When government investigates government want to know what happens? Exactly what the government wants to happen.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I guess am glad to be in my 60's. I have four sons with families an cant imagine what they will see an have to work through in their lifetime much less my grand kids. The media has made it impossible for alphas to make it in politics. So you get whats left the touchy feely politicly correct politicians who will never have a original idea. They rule from consensus of their lackeys who will never speak up or speak their own minds. There has never been a nation who survived a government that was bigger than the people they ruled. The dumbing down of our education system is the beginning of a nation of followers with no one to lead.
Sorry to be the glass half empty but its hard to find the silver lining right now. But hey had a great time at the range today :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess am glad to be in my 60's. I have four sons with families an cant imagine what they will see an have to work through in their lifetime much less my grand kids. The media has made it impossible for alphas to make it in politics. So you get whats left the touchy feely politicly correct politicians who will never have a original idea. They rule from consensus of their lackeys who will never speak up or speak their own minds. There has never been a nation who survived a government that was bigger than the people they ruled. The dumbing down of our education system is the beginning of a nation of followers with no one to lead.
Sorry to be the glass half empty but its hard to find the silver lining right now. But hey had a great tome at the range today :)
Well, for starters, if you were born today, you were born owning $50,000+. Not sure that they are accountable to that debt?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.