Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Trump is the president-elect and knowing we control both houses of congress, what legislation would you like to see enacted?

My wish is that the '34 NFA be repealed in its entirety.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Fair tax
Reform the government unions to pave the way for improving the VA
Dial back some of the underhanded gun control measures, like the EPA attacks on lead smelting, firing ranges, and ammo manufacturing
Cut government spending on entitlement programs
Repeal Obamacare and quit penalizing businesses for hiring full time employees
Fix Social Security

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
I loved it when he said "term limits" and have been wishing that for years, if only......:rolleyes:

Reactions: Rhinoman and DZUS

·
Registered
343 Posts
Top of my list is conservative judges for the Supreme Court. That will go a long way toward protecting our future beyond Donald Trump.

Repealing Obamacare is very important in my view. If he can make that happen along with good SCOTUS picks he'll have accomplished something.

Term limits for all congressional seats would be a good step in the right direction too.

Sure, repealing the NFA and national concealed carry reciprocity would be great too, but he needs to do these other things first.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Looking at it the easiest would be

1. Overturning the Russian import ban and the trade deal with them that cut off the SKS etc rifles ..That needs to go
2. The ban on so call AP ammo that should be easy
3. NFA needs to go or at min they need to re open the 1986 list and allow new Full autos or just scrape the 1968 or 1934 law
4. And yes universal carry needs to happen

·
Banned
240 Posts
universal CC in a restaurant (if they dispense alchol even though i would never drink while carrying or otherwise for that matter since i value my situational awareness) without having to OC like here in Montana.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
In this order:

1) Abolish ATF
2) Repeal the GCA of 68 and the Hughes Amendment
3) Resign and take Pence with him

:wave:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
In this order:

1) Abolish ATF
2) Repeal the GCA of 68 and the Hughes Amendment
3) Resign and take Pence with him

:wave:
Well, that would make Paul Ryan from Wisconsin, not to be confused with Paul Bunyan (from Minnesota), President.

I like your conspiracy of thought process, Phaedrus. :wink:

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Well, that would make Paul Ryan from Wisconsin, not to be confused with Paul Bunyan (from Minnesota), President.

I like your conspiracy of thought process, Phaedrus. :wink:
:hand50::image035:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Any of the above and . . .

Repeal of golden parachute laws for Congress!
Once upon a time, Congressional pay was linked to Social Security and military retirements. In order for them to get a raise, they had to give the rest of us a raise, too. They've split themselves off from the rest of us so they can grant themselves raises while freezing our pay. Pigs at the trough.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys make a good point...require all elected officials to comply with the laws and regulations they foist on us deplorables.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
I wish the 4 liberal justices would go to a party and od on cocaine :0 Just kidding

OK brain is now engaged. I wish that the older conservative justices would retire so they could be replaced by younger conservatives that can hold their positions for the next 30 years. I wish that justices that appear conservative would stay that way once appointed.

Yeah, for me this was ALL about the supreme court.

AS I told many, whomever I vote for will be someone I despise.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
It's not so much what legislation I want to see passed. I'd prefer to see less legislation. How about get rid of some bad laws. How about abolish the IRS, Federal Reserve, and Dep of Ed?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
It's not so much what legislation I want to see passed. I'd prefer to see less legislation. How about get rid of some bad laws. How about abolish the IRS, Federal Reserve, and Dep of Ed?
abolish the IRS - YES - The "Fair Tax" would be one on the best things this country could do and would have everybody paying "THEIR FAIR SHARE" not half the country paying nothing!
Federal Reserve - ? - I'm still thinking about this one.
Dep of Ed - YES - Education is a state matter. The federal government has NO BUSINESS in education.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts