Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Kahr CW9 not long ago and I am haveing trouble finding an IWB holster that is comfy.I carry a 1911 almost every day in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II but a Versa Max II for the Kahr puts the gun too far in the pants for a good draw.All the holsters I have bought for it are all uncomfortable.I need one to be comfy because I will be wearing it for about 16 hours a day 7 days a week as I bought a store and Deli and I will be in there just about all my wakeing hours of the day.Can any body help me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alessi WSDT. I sometimes carry a Kahr P9 in one 8-16 hours a day. Very concealable and comfortable. I like the Alessi WSDT so much that I have three. I sometimes carry a Pro Carry or a Browning HP. But with the Kahr/Alessi I have to remind myself that I'm armed.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
actualy i find the hume clipon that kahr sells reasonably comfortable

·
Registered
813 Posts
I love my Milt Sparks Watch Six. Best of all it was in stock at www.lightningarms.com/products.htm. I paid $10 more for the product but avoided the 18 week wait. I find this IWB to be very slim, comfortable, and convenient....great match for the P9/CW9.

Brommeland service grade look very comparable...may even have better impressions. Have not worn one, but they look great.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WJP9 how well can you draw your Kahr from that holster?I love Milt Sparks holsters but I have a hard time drawing my CW9 out of the Versa Max II and it is the same setup as the Watch Six.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
johnem said:
Alessi WSDT. I sometimes carry a Kahr P9 in one 8-16 hours a day. Very concealable and comfortable. I like the Alessi WSDT so much that I have three. I sometimes carry a Pro Carry or a Browning HP. But with the Kahr/Alessi I have to remind myself that I'm armed.

Howdy and welcome aboard!!!
I have to agree with you regarding Alessi leather - Lou makes some really nice stuff!

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Seek out Eric Larsen (a member here) of HBE Leatherworks. I have one of his outstanding COM IWB holsters. It's the same style holster as the Sparks Watch Six and Gary Brommeland's Max Con V. I carried my Kahr P9 Covert all day today in perfect comfort while wearing a polo shirt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use the following DeSantis hoslter when I don't pocket carry my CW9:

The Pro Stealth IWB holster is made of premium padded ballistic nylon. The 1 ¾” sturdy, powder coated black spring clip keeps this beauty securely anchored to your belt. A spare magazine pouch is standard for the autoloader models, and they are ambidextrous. Available for most concealed firearms. Optional thumb break, style n99 is available for purchase. $33.99

Link to site is:

http://www.desantisholster.com/n87.html

Mark

·
Banned
500 Posts
Delta Force said:
I bought a Kahr CW9 not long ago and I am haveing trouble finding an IWB holster that is comfy.I carry a 1911 almost every day in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II but a Versa Max II for the Kahr puts the gun too far in the pants for a good draw.All the holsters I have bought for it are all uncomfortable.I need one to be comfy because I will be wearing it for about 16 hours a day 7 days a week as I bought a store and Deli and I will be in there just about all my wakeing hours of the day.Can any body help me?
Picking a holster that is right for you is like picking out a wife. Ya just gotta keep trying them out till you find one that fits just right.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Delta Force said:
WJP9 how well can you draw your Kahr from that holster?I love Milt Sparks holsters but I have a hard time drawing my CW9 out of the Versa Max II and it is the same setup as the Watch Six.
I find that the draw is excellent.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
A Tucker "Cover Up" or "TX Heritage" might do the trick for you.
Cover Up Plus in roughout shown below. Cant angle is fully adjustable and you can tuck your shirt over it if you like. Available in smoothout also.

I carry my Kahr P9 in one. I also have one for my Kahr P45.
Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ditto on the Tucker Cover Up! I recently ordered a Cover Up for my all steel Kahr K9. The holster is very comfortable to wear. My K9 "melts away" when I use this holster. This holster also allows me to get a full grip on my little K9 for a rapid draw. The gun does not ride too low and the adjustable cant allows me to position the holster so I can get a good grip on the gun, yet still fully conceal the gun under my shirt.

IThe holster is well-fitted to my gun, and the gun is secure in the holster even though I have the smooth side of the leather ion the inside. The Cover Up holster is slim, and it is easy to draw and reholster my pistol with this rig.

You should have no problems carrying and concealing the lighter CW9/P9 with the Tucker Cover Up. My heavy, all-steel K9 is hardly noticeable when I wear it.

This is my second Tucker Cover Up (but not my last). I have another cover up for my Ruger Sp101 3" revolver.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Thanks

cynergy said:
Ditto on the Tucker Cover Up! I recently ordered a Cover Up for my all steel Kahr K9. The holster is very comfortable to wear. My K9 "melts away" when I use this holster. This holster also allows me to get a full grip on my little K9 for a rapid draw. The gun does not ride too low and the adjustable cant allows me to position the holster so I can get a good grip on the gun, yet still fully conceal the gun under my shirt.

IThe holster is well-fitted to my gun, and the gun is secure in the holster even though I have the smooth side of the leather ion the inside. The Cover Up holster is slim, and it is easy to draw and reholster my pistol with this rig.

You should have no problems carrying and concealing the lighter CW9/P9 with the Tucker Cover Up. My heavy, all-steel K9 is hardly noticeable when I wear it.

This is my second Tucker Cover Up (but not my last). I have another cover up for my Ruger Sp101 3" revolver.
Thanks for the kind words, Cyergy! The great thing is that there are so many quality holsters out there. It's just a question of which one works for you. Don't want to put another holster in the "dead leather box."
Did I mention that anything you get from us has a "no risk" full refund guarantee if returned? We know that sometimes it's just not right for you even if everyone else recommends it.
Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts