Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the creation of this new .22 sub-forum, I'll throw this out there. I'm a big fan of rimfires, mine are all .22s (but I think the .17s will be welcome as well). I just did a quick headcount, and fully 25% of the armory here are .22s. About 2/3 are rifles and the balance are handguns. Actions represented cover the full range, I think: bolt-action, pump, semi-auto and lever-action rifles; SA and DA revolvers and semi-auto pistols.

Brands represented are Winchester, Remington, Browning, Ruger, CZ, Charter and Smith & Wesson.

What's in your rimfire collection?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Almost 30%.

Single shooters to auto-loaders, a good mix of actions and makers.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd rather not list them all, but I'll say Buckmarks are my favorite pistols, and oddly the H&K MP5-22 is my favorite rifle.
Honorable mention to my Izhmash Biathlon rifle, small, highly accurate, unique.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Lessee now...
There are two .22 rifles, one of which is my daughter's, from when she was a child.
There's one .22 derringer.
And there's one .22 conversion for a 1911.

Our granddaughter's gonna visit in October.
I'll haul out her mother's little rifle, and see if I can teach her how to use it properly.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
10%

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
Only 1 .22, a Smith & Wesson "M&P" pistol (I forget who makes those for Smith and Wesson). Probably about 6% of our "moderately well prepared" firearms collection.

I know I should have a Ruger 10/22 but I have a hard time getting excited about rimfire.

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Twenty, between 17HMR, 22lr and 22mag.

Handguns from Ruger(semi and SA), Browning( Buckmark), Sig(1911), H&R(9 shot BA), and Husqvarna(Nagant).

Long guns from Ruger(10/22), Henry(Golden boys), Winchester(94), Marlin(39A), Stevens(bolt) and a CMMG conversion for the AR.

Percentage wise, about 50%.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I got rid of all my rimfire guns. I gave them to my sons who are now raising their sons and daughters. I just did not shoot them anymore and the boys wanted to train their kids with them. I only really shoot my carry guns anymore to stay in shape and the once a year sighting in of the game rifle. Maybe I will do more "just for fun" when I retire next December.

·
Registered
35,987 Posts
I've got one .22 rifle, the Winchester Model 72 my dad bought at a hardware store as my first gun. I also have an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my Glock 30, which I find very useful for general plinking. I had an old 9-shot H&R .22 revolver that was a great hunting/camping gun. Popped quite a few birds and such for that evening meal. Unfortunately it was stolen.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
18,532 Posts
I have two Nylon 66’s , a CZ, and a very old Winchester. All rifles.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
22% and I'll look to add more.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Do 2 guns count as a collection? If so, half is rimfire, a series match to my EDC. Good for cheap practice (wish it had a similar trigger pull instead of a 2 stage) and intend it for going out with the grandkids.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I used to own the following .22 firearms:

Marlin M91 SA carbine
Marlin 39 lever-action carbine (version of their famous 39A rifle)
Charter .22 Magnum revolver
H&R M903 revolver
Taurus pump-action SS carbine

I only shoot centerfire handguns and rifles now... But Misty Lu really likes her Ruger 'Deluxe' model 10/22 carbine. :smile:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts