Defensive Carry banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
The small percentage. All the others are larger.

·
Super Moderator
16,751 Posts
Just saw this thread. Nice pistol, however, I don't recognize it. Please give me a description.
S&W Model 41 target pistol. I haven’t checked the serial number but it is clearly a 1970s model, single sheet instruction manual. It is recommended only standard velocity ammo be used and it performs with either RWS or ELEY ammo. I got lucky and picked this one up at a gun show several years ago for $700 including the original box.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-41

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Collection of firearms? 1 out of 2 is 50%. Now when you include the nerf guns and squirt guns? Maybe about 5%. Gotta protect myself from those 'violent' grandkids!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I only have 4 guns and 3 of them are 22's so that would make it 75% rimfires. I have a rifle, revolver and semi-auto in 22. The only gun I have that's not a 22 is my Shield 9mm.

I don't have a big ammo budget and the 22's are just so cheap to shoot. That's why my next purchase will be an M&P15 22.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Rimfires: I have the following, all in .22LR (in order of like):
1. Walther PPK/S (Made in France) (Unmatched quality and history; very nice pistol)
2. CZ 455 Standard; Rifle - (Tack driver par excellente!)
3. S&W M&P .22 Compact (Eats anything I feed it)
4. Beretta Model 21A (Surprisingly accurate little gun)
5. Heritage Rough Rider 16" barrel (Also Has .22WMR cylinder) (Totally a fun gun at the range)
6. Heritage Rough Rider (Also has .22WMR cylinder) (Don't really know why I even bought it)

As to what percentage of my collection is rimfires; I am not good at math so there's that. And uh, oh yeah, I uh...I uh...I lost... all my shotguns, centerfire rifles, and pistols in a...a...a terrible skiing accident.

·
Registered
275 Posts
1 Winchester 77 Bolt action tube feed (My father purchased it when he turned 13)
1 CZ Bolt action 544
1 Pump action Remington 572
1 home build AR
2 Norinco Olympia pistols (but one is on a long term loan to my sister)

. . . that is all I can come up with off the top of my head.

·
Registered
460 Posts
For me its 0, for my wife its 33%, between the two of us its 14%.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
I have a few .22s, single action revolver and 4 rifles. Don't shoot them much, but like to have them.

Reactions: airslot

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
How would I know? FIRST OFF, "that's math & stuff". Beside's, then I'd need to know "how many guns I OWN! (no clue) Then do a percentage, RIGHT? A dozen? ABOUT 20%?
40/60 split, roughly, favoring pistols. I DO know the brands! Ruger, Remington, Hi Standard, Auto Mag, Colt. Are you trying to hurt my brain, or is this a requirement for membership here? 😂

·
Super Moderator
19,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Pete, if you've got High Standard, AutoMag and Colt in your rimfire collection, you're automatically granted membership here!

Your one obligation for that free pass is to tell us which models of those marques you own!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts