Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gar-O-Teed one shot from this might be concidered a man stopper handgun -

Ithica Auto & Burgular -
I think you have the right idea.
As a hunter with over 40 years experience, that prefers to hunt with handguns, I have to say that all handgun calibers are weak, and your shot placement has to be perfect. That said, the best handgun, for a one shot stop is the S&W .460.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
For drop dead accuracy and quick return to target... my full-size forties are superb at this, though they aren't exactly "pocket guns". :wink:

P320 Full Size .40S&W and STI Edge .40S&W. For me, these shoot like lasers.

That said, these guns CAN be carried under a t-shirt, if you do it right and have a quality-weight t-shirt. (I HIGHLY recommend Duluth Long-tail T's). There may be a little printing, if you squat or bend over, but that's never bothered me any. Not as a law-abiding civilian, here in Arizona.

M&P40 Full-size pretty much does the same thing, for me, as well.

Do your part well, and these platforms will meet the need! Full-size pistols with fully capable fodder - tough to do better than that!

·
Registered
233 Posts
For drop dead accuracy and quick return to target... my full-size forties are superb at this, though they aren't exactly "pocket guns". :wink:

P320 Full Size .40S&W and STI Edge .40S&W. For me, these shoot like lasers.

That said, these guns CAN be carried under a t-shirt, if you do it right and have a quality-weight t-shirt. (I HIGHLY recommend Duluth Long-tail T's). There may be a little printing, if you squat or bend over, but that's never bothered me any. Not as a law-abiding civilian, here in Arizona.

M&P40 Full-size pretty much does the same thing, for me, as well.

Do your part well, and these platforms will meet the need! Full-size pistols with fully capable fodder - tough to do better than that!
Very nice!
I would be doing the same with my G20.
Hides nice under a suit coat.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
At that distance, I’m most accurate with with my Kimber Ultracarry or my G19. Id prefer the UltraCarry.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Reading through this discussion of experts I decided to chime in. I'm not an expert, so at early point I relized that it will only be this much of time I will be able to devote to weapons and training. Hence, I did realize that at least for some time I should be using one particular pistol cartridge exclusively. Now, after initial training (which I got long before my decision time), which concluds mostly in mastering sight picture, and slowly squzing the shot so it cones as a surprize for you, after that initial stage is over all improvement you can do needs practice with specific weapon and the same ammunition you will use for real. The same at least in the weight of bullet and power of load. There was no much point - in my non-expert opinion - to practice with something that gives you different recoil. This all boiled down for me to choosing the caliber that will let me have enough of practice ($$ wise), and be viable real life cartridge for me at the same time. Which is 9mm.

Only later I added to that 380ACP just so I can also have a weapon which I can hide on myself even if I have nithing on but jus a bikini swimsute (I mean seecap here). I have only two cartridges then: 9mm and 380ACP.

That said, I do the best with my compact HK P30, I do fairly well with my EDC Boberg XR9-S. It is not obvious where I will succeed having a single shot from 15 yards iin real life situation.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most accurate (for me) and one stop shot - 1911, what I train with consistently and what I shoot the best. As far as one shot stop - if you hit where you are aiming and aiming at the ocular cavity then it will be a one shot stop with a decent caliber.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The same gun Jack Wilson used; a Sig P229. Except mine is the M11-A1 variant, chambered in 9mm and loaded with 124 gr HST rounds. One shot stops with any handgun one is likely to carry is all about hitting the target in the right spot. He did a great job, but even he would tell you there was a bit of luck on his side that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
My Para Recon 1911. More time behind it than any other pistol I own.

·
Registered
241 Posts
There is no such thing as a one shot stop pistol. Practice and shot placement are your best bet then there a no guarantees even with that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I carry a 5" N-Frame S&W Model 629 .44mag every day, from pajamas-off to pajamas-on. In a homemade, under-the-shirt, cloth, vertical shoulder holster rig. Loaded with 6 240gr JHP Underwoods. I shoot it strictly SA, and more accurately than I shoot my two 1911's (a 10mm Kimber, and a 45 Super S&W), and it has a LOT better chance of a one-shot stop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My very first choice would be; edc.jpg

Reactions: Grizzly2 and OD*

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Accuracy is a fine thing, in its own right.

But, if you can’t do it in a given amount of time, well, it may not count.
From what I’ve observed, most people who are caliber-centric, cannot pull, and accurately fire their weapon to a minimum degree of accuracy under any type of even artificial induced duress, and that’s where the comfy zone gets sideways in the reality sphere.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
G23. It's my tack driver.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts