Defensive Carry banner

At what range do you practice CCW shooting?

• 5-9 Yards

Votes: 73 54.9%
  • 10-14 Yards

Votes: 33 24.8%
  • 15-25 Yards

Votes: 27 20.3%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious for CCW purposes only at what range do you practice, draw and shoot. I know that "most" incidents happen within 10 yards, but just wondering what you guys think. Feel free to vote on the poll. Thanks!

·
8,501 Posts
I practice all three but usually about 10 yds.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No poll shown, but I shoot from about 3 yards out to 40.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I choose 15-25 but i regularly shoot out to 50.I know i can hit COM to 25 with no issues so practicing out further when i have range time.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I did not vote based on the choices. I practice all of the above EVERY time I shoot. I have to qualify from all, so it would be dumb to no practice all. Qualifying is no problem for me, can't say the same for the rest of them. There's always someone who has to shoot it twice to qualify.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did not vote. Need to have an all-of-the-above choice.
Agreed looking back on it, however I can not figure out how to modify the poll...if anyone has any insight some help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Normally I shoot from 5 to 10 yards. I will put a few down range to about 20 yards though.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I practice from 2 feet to 25 yards, mostly shorter ranges because I believe any defensive encounter will most likely be up close and personal.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I practice from 2 feet to 25 yards, mostly shorter ranges because I believe any defensive encounter will most likely be up close and personal.
From 2 feet, I'm just curious as to what exactly you are practicing. I also practice up close and personal, what are your tactics that close?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I generally shoot between 10-50 feet as well, a little bit of every distance if I can.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The closest target at the outdoor range where I have a membership is 30 ft. That's what I shoot most of the time, for "self defense" practice. Sometimes at 75 ft. which is the next target out.

For closer practice (10-20 ft.) I go to an indoor pay range, but not very often (very expensive).

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
The closest target at the outdoor range where I have a membership is 30 ft. That's what I shoot most of the time, for "self defense" practice. Sometimes at 75 ft. which is the next target out.

For closer practice (10-20 ft.) I go to an indoor pay range, but not very often (very expensive).
Just curious, how expensive? The one in my town is 12.00/hr

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
3 - 7 yards...that works just fine, and any further away...I'm running.:yup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can not agree more with you on that, at least till I get old and the knees go out, or when/if I am with my family then I will stay and fight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The average individual can close 21 feet before a trained gunman can draw and fire...I practice at 7 yards.

Any further, I'll have plenty of time. Any closer, and Ilet them get too close in the first place...my bad :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts