Defensive Carry banner

What selling price would you ask for all this?

• > More then $600 (specify price)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please note I have not made the final decision to sell this yet. I'm just getting a feel of what I should sell it for. I have a Glock 36 I'm considering selling. It is a lightly used pistol, I had to replace the recoil spring back when I first got it. Stupid me put it in backwards after a cleaning it once. Since then it has been a fantastic gun. It was my EDC for about 2 years. I've since switched to my 1911.

I plan on selling it with a Blackhawk Serpa holster (with paddle and belt loop options), 2 mags, mag holster, some HP .45 ACP rounds and a hardback carrying case (all with instruction manuals etc...)

I'm thinking of asking $600 for the whole package. If this was yours, what would you ask for it?

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
600 seems fair if everything is in good condition. It will depend on what your local market is, and where your trying to get rid of it.

They can always offer you less if they think it is too much.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I purchased a new G36 several years ago and I really liked the way it felt in my hand. I never fired it as I was transferred overseas right afterwards, so I sold it. For the life of me I can't recall how much I sold for.

As 'retsupt99' pointed out, you will miss it, especially in todays obama market. He single handedly increased the value of every gun ever made, and that's change we can believe in. Anyway, I would think it may go fairly quickly on one of the Glock forums. I would ask just a tad under 600 for psychological reasons. Perhaps the potential is greater around Christmas since someone may be looking for a gift.
Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
You can always come down on your price. I sold one that I bought for $350 for $500. $600 is more than a new one here, the holster and ammo will add a little value to it. I would ask $600 and take $500 for just the pistol.

·
8,501 Posts
You can buy a used Glock for $350 to $400 dollars if you shop around. I wouldn't pay $600 for it no matter how nice it looks. I could buy new at that price.

·
Registered
911 Posts
$425-$475

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I voted. As if it should be a poll, but I have some advice for you on "package deals". They generally don't go over as well as selling things separately. Next....ammo at good prices is selling now. Pistols at area/condition prices are also selling now. Holsters...well....they are more of a personal item if you know what I mean. Most of us never started carrying with a 'package'. We continually customize things to fit our lifestyles. Consider the holster as a 'give me' item in your for sale total. Just like night sights, and extras such as more than two magazines, or fingertip extensions and the like. Some accessories may sweeten the pot for a sale, but you'll be catering to a smaller crowd. Your pistol alone (even used), could sell (under the right circumstances) for your $600 asking price. This depends on several things. I believe I paid $610 OTD on a brand new G30 with factory night sights when they first came out. I am still in awe at the G36 because I've never owned one, and I see very few of them in gun shops or at gun shows. Extra magazines for it don't seem to be in proliferation either, and holster choices are likely a lot less than the mainstream Glocks. Now...understand that I would probably like to have a G36 new or used, but pending the purchase of a new G26 for my wife (for Christmas)...I'm not in the market for one now anyway. But here's my best advice (and depending on where you list it for sale). You're going to get lowball bids no matter what you're selling these days, so make up your mind as to what you would take bottom dollar on the pistol alone, then post it +$50, and expect to get an offer of $25 less on your first contact if not more. While working a likely deal, use some of (but not all unless they ask) the ammo in order to get what you want out of it. List the holster on EBay (and I see a lot of them there, especially the Blackhawk Serpas but again....not many accessories for the G36). Keeping it all in mind, I'm sure you can get your average $600 total asking price if things sold separate no problem. As a package deal, I think it will be more difficult.
You can buy a used Glock for $350 to $400 dollars if you shop around. I wouldn't pay $600 for it no matter how nice it looks. I could buy new at that price.
You don't see many used G36s for sale no matter where you look, and the used price range of the mainstream Glocks likely follow your equation, but the 45acp caliber Glocks, and especially the G36 do seem to demand a higher price on average than the 9mm, 40S&W, and the 357sig pistols just because they are more limited on parts interchangeability and a few other factors we don't usually consider.
I'm just saying......this was in the advice column of today's headlines, and I've given mine.

·
8,501 Posts
You don't see many used G36s for sale no matter where you look, and the used price range of the mainstream Glocks likely follow your equation, but the 45acp caliber Glocks, and especially the G36 do seem to demand a higher price on average than the 9mm, 40S&W, and the 357sig pistols just because they are more limited on parts interchangeability and a few other factors we don't usually consider.
I'm just saying......this was in the advice column of today's headlines, and I've given mine.
Fair enough. I didn't factor in the .45 premium.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The fact that you had to replace parts on a lightly used gun for any reason would make me a VERY wary buyer.
Unless I could look over the gun and see that it was in good order, maybe test fire it, I wouldn't pay more than $300 for the package.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
$400 tops. New it was worth a bit more than $500, but it isn't new any more, no matter how lightly used. The accessories are nice extras, but will not add much to the price.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The G36 is $539 NIB here last I looked a few months ago. It comes with 2 mags. The Serpa holsters with belt and paddle attachments are going for under $40 new on Ebay. If I was looking for a used G36, I'd offer $400 and pass on the holster. I'd try $475 obo.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I purchased two glocks nib each one cost $519 plus tax.I wouldn't pay more than $395 for a used glock.I assume you are the first ownerso you know how many rounds have been put through the pistol.I'd want to know that.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I just picked up a used G-36 with night sights, a custom leather IWB holster, two magazine pouches and 5 magazines... I'm in to it $425.00.

Honestly, I would not pay over $350.00 for the gun myself. I know, it's probably worth more but if it's over $350.00, I would just pony up the bucks for a new one.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Unless you absolutely positively need the money I would keep it. The day will come when you will regret getting rid of it. I know, there are guns I have gotten rid of that to this day I still wish I had. One in particular is a Browning BDA .380. Nothing spectacular, in fact she was downright ugly. But for some reason I have an empty spot when I think about that gun.

I got rid of an H&K recently too and feel bad about that. It too was nothing spectacular (other than an H&K:smile:)and just sat in the safe but I miss it badly. Only good thing that came out of that was the piece I traded it for ended up getting traded off for my Glock 23.

Keep it if you can afford it.

Be Safe,

NosaM

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Sorry, but I didn't vote. I'd keep the G36 if it was me. I've sold and traded a time or two over the years and have come to regret it somewhere down the road. Some brands and calibers may come and go, but the ones with the reliability and quality of the Glocks will always be in my inventory.

GBK

1 - 20 of 23 Posts