Defensive Carry banner

What size handgun do you EDC

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, what size handgun do you EDC the most? If you always carry two guns or have a rotation, then post what you would carry all year around if you could only choose one. I've been seeing threads about P365/Hellcats, Single stack LC9s and 40s&w's, tiny Diamondback DB9s and Kahr PM9s, etc. I know some people EDC full sized G17s down to G43s... I figured I do a poll to see what the majority of DC size handguns the majority of DC members are carrying. post

If you participate in the poll, Feel free to post what make/model.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Usually a full-sized M&P or compact Glock 23. Now that spring is coming probably the G23 more often.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
MY EDC for the last 5 years and 4 months is a sig P320c now wearing the x series compact grip module . I also have a lw commander in 45 that gets some carry time too . Carried at 3:00 in a MTAC high on my side . I can conceal it under only a Carhartt Delmont t shirt well do to that shirt being cut a little fuller around the waist . I carried a tp40 kahr before that and a firestar m40 going back to about '91 and a colt officers model for a few years before that .

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm carrying a Springfield mil-spec and a S&W 642 .

If the weather ever breaks I'll be switching back to my Glock 23 & 642 carry.

Reactions: Redbert31

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
P-365, Shield 9mm, LCP here.

·
Registered
554 Posts
For me personally I gauge concealability by grip height first and thickness second and prefer a pistol that is around 6-7" long with 4-5" grip height. My 2 preferred CCW's are a P365 and Glock G26 with my G19 coming in third (and my SP101 when I just want to tote a wheelgun).

That's one factor of the Glocks that I think gets overlooked is that they always come in about 1/4" shorter in grip height that pistols with the same capacity. Most pistols that are designed to compete with the G19 (15-rounders) are still in the 5.25" in height range while the G19 is 5.04". I know it's subtle but that's what grabs my shirt when I bend down and hikes it up when I straighten up...so it's my main concealability factor.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
As the title says, what size handgun do you EDC. If you always carry two guns or have a rotation, then post what you would carry all year around if you could only choose one.

I have a snubby of some flavor in my pocket everyday. I have a rotation of snubbies, because I like variety.

Like I like Baskin Robins, because I get tired of eating vanilla everyday.

As far as the size of my edc, it ranges from my 442 up to my 2.25" SP101.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
33,804 Posts
4" Performance Center Shield most of the time. .45 Shield on rare occasion.

Reactions: Redbert31

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
If I had voted, it would be other, as I would need to check 3 boxs. Sub-compact, full size, and K-N Frame and other. You should fix poll so some here could multi-pick.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts