Defensive Carry banner

What size handgun do you EDC

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
My go to is a Springfield XD compact Tactical 45 with a TLR1. The compact tactical has the compact grip "10 rounds" with a 5 inch barrel. I carry strong side in a KT Mech IWB holster. On the week side I have 2ea 13 round spare magazines. The 2 spares help to even out the weight of the pistol. I took Clint Smiths advice to heart. It goes something like this "You don't know how much gun your fight will require. You can only control how much gun you carry."
That's just me your mileage my vary. Pavelow.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Colt Defender or Kahr P9

For a while now I alternate between the Colt Defender .45 shown below and a Kahr P9 in 9mm. The Colt is quite concealable IWB and the Kahr is even better, plus lighter in weight.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
MY rotation is : on duty = G26, G30S always with my G19 or G34 nearby. Off duty = G26, XDS 3.3 .45, Shield 9mm, LCR .357.

My G26 sees more carry time than all the others combined.

If I could only have one, it would be my G19 because it would be my “ Jack of all trades; master of none” handgun.

·
Registered
890 Posts
older 3" Bulldog .44 special owb in a Mernickle most of the time and at least one speed strip. Sometimes the LCP Custom in a pocket and sometimes a 3.6" Sig P250sc 9mm iwb with either 12 or 15 depending on the cover garment. All these snub threads are keeping that fire burning for one, but staying at home to not bring the virus to some of the more compromised in the house keeps it at bay. I had a steel 2" Taurus 85 snub for a while and honestly, I'm more comfortable carrying the 3" just as I was a 3" S&W model 36 years ago.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
.....If you always carry two guns or have a rotation, then post what you would carry all year around if you could only choose one.

Acckkkkkkk...choke...choke...cough...cough...WHAT? Only carry one gun? Heretic! Heathen! Pot stirrer! :rolleyes:

I would sooner lick a public toilet!

Seriously though. I voted other because I like to keep my familiarity with other guns up to snuff. Today I'm carrying a Glock 20SF loaded with 15+1 rounds of Underwood 135 gr JHPs that leave the barrel at 1,600 fps. Tomorrow I might carry my little 380. Just me though.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
There are two guns that I have been carrying for a while. The Glock 26 IWB, or the Kimber K6S in my hip pocket. Both have proven to be 100% Reliable. The Glock is Loaded with Speer 124gn Gold Dots +p, and the Kimber is stuffed with Home Brewed 357 Magnum comprised of new Starline Cases, Speer 135 Gold Dots, and a moderate dose of 2400.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
For months it was a Glock 23 IWB + spare mag + Shield 40 in weak hand pocket.
Prior to that (last couple years) primary was either a: Glock 19, 22, 20SF, 21SF, 35 or 1911.
Recently, I've gone back to the 20SF, larger grip better accommodates my hand.
So, Glock 20SF + spare mag + Kahr PM9 in weak hand front pocket; the "large" pistol is fairly easy to conceal under "summer attire" (21SF that day):
Glock21AIWB.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
M&P 2.0 compact w/3.6" has been my mainstay for almost a year now. Before that it was primarily a G19.

I'm currently working on...not super aggressively...carrying an M&P shield as a backup gun.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The poll is poorly laid out and has too many redundant options. Really, why are K & N frame guns put together? Also, not all the guns in some of the options are the same. N frames come in all different sizes. Just like the heavier frame Ruger revolvers. They fit all size categories.

I tend to carry one of two full sized guns. My M&P R8 revolver or my Springfield XDM 4.5 depending on how I feel and what the situation is like. My next gun, should Ruger not make a longer barreled Super GP100 in .357 mag, will be a Glock G40.

I hate mouse guns. Can't hold most of them well at all because of my big hands. I also have a thing for 8 shot .357 mag revolvers. Don't ask, I don't know why, they just make me happy.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I voted other due the inability to select multiple choices.

My EDC ranges from an NAA Mini/TPH through K-frame snub/P239 class size, depending on pocket dimensions.

Reactions: Redbert31

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The poll is poorly laid out and has too many redundant options. Really, why are K & N frame guns put together? Also, not all the guns in some of the options are the same. N frames come in all different sizes. Just like the heavier frame Ruger revolvers. They fit all size categories.

I tend to carry one of two full sized guns. My M&P R8 revolver or my Springfield XDM 4.5 depending on how I feel and what the situation is like. My next gun, should Ruger not make a longer barreled Super GP100 in .357 mag, will be a Glock G40.

I hate mouse guns. Can't hold most of them well at all because of my big hands. I also have a thing for 8 shot .357 mag revolvers. Don't ask, I don't know why, they just make me happy.
I can't list or representative all of the subtle differences in sizes in the poll, so I generalised. You're meant to select the listed option that's closest in size, but may not be exactly the same size... I put K through N sizes for revolvers which would include all sizes of N frames...

:smile:

·
Premium Member
4,317 Posts
The smallest most reliable I can manage. Usually an LCP, a P238, a Shield, or an M60.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
642 with a Rossi M88 2" snub on the hip.
642 with a Walther PPS 9mm on the hip.
642 with a GP100 on the hip.
642 with a Glock 21sf on the hip.
642 with a 4" model 10 on the hip.
642 with nothing on the hip.

I guess the gun I carry the most is the 642.

21 - 40 of 130 Posts