Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to travel with the family and i carry everywhere i go. I was wondering what states aren't you allowed to carry JHPs? Does it matter if you are LEO? Do i need to buy EFMJ and are they worth a damn? I am going to Baltimore for a long weekend in June do i need the EFMJs for Maryland?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I have never heard of a state not allowing JHP.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
No laws I know of in Texas saying what one cannot load into a firearm. I'e carried hollowpints for 35+ years. Safe travels...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Check out Handgunlaw.us

That is usually the first place I look if I have law questions. They don't have all of the info, and make sure you look into the laws yourself also, but they will definitly get you started.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
NJ, for one.

As I understand it, you can have it, but you're not allowed to put in in the gun except at the range. :blink:
You're also only allowed to transport it directly to the range by the most direct route possbile.

I believe you would be treading on thin ice to transport it through the state as part of an interstate trip.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I believe you would be treading on thin ice to transport it through the state as part of an interstate trip.
Is there no "peaceable journey" laws in NJ?

I thought there was a precedent out there that if you were in a "continuous peaceable journey" through a state, that they couldn't hold you for this kind of thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
If your stopped in NJ and have in your possession HP ammunition on you or in your vehicle and not in route to or from a range, gunshop or hunting legally.....FELONY.....go directly to jail and for a long time.

·
Registered
362 Posts
NJ, for one.

As I understand it, you can have it, but you're not allowed to put in in the gun except at the range. :blink:
NY has made HP illegal.

Last I heard we have legislation going on in Sacramento to make them illegal also.

IDK, its the safest round to own for home invasions and honestly any other time you have to fire your gun

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
New Jersey is not unlike a lot of Northeastern states in that there are parts of the state that are rural(ish) with God fearing, gun owning residents. The other parts are armpits. Unfortunately the armpits contain more low information voters that elect these retards who make the unconstitutional laws.

My BIL's family has a place in Cape May and we go up there from time to time and shoot plenty.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I like to travel with the family and i carry everywhere i go. I was wondering what states aren't you allowed to carry JHPs? Does it matter if you are LEO? Do i need to buy EFMJ and are they worth a damn? I am going to Baltimore for a long weekend in June do i need the EFMJs for Maryland?
You do realize that Maryland doesn't have reciprocity with NJ, right? I can tell you right now, you're seriously rolling the dice carrying in Maryland, and I'm not just talking about the ammo.

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
The OP might be okay if he is LE. I would definitely check before coming, Strmwatch is correct, you risk getting seriously jacked up if you carry here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had no idea that any state had laws against hollow points.

Hmm,learn something new every day.

<sarcasm> Can residents in those states have only class A fire extinguishers too? </sarcasm> :banghead:

I think I'll stay in Louisiana.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You do realize that Maryland doesn't have reciprocity with NJ, right? I can tell you right now, you're seriously rolling the dice carrying in Maryland, and I'm not just talking about the ammo.

I am a LEO and I can carry in all 50 states, as per H.R.-218. So I carry everywhere I go. Looking for info on if my Federal HSTs would be good. thanks for the reply's

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Virginia is as far north as I will travel, and Richmond is my limit North even there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts