Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's exactly my thought after seeing the network show this morning.
Because today I made the grave mistake to watch news networks on TV...
Those three morning shows, we're not going to name them because y'all know, right?

The whole thing went like this:
They used two terrible tragedies as a canvas to:
-First vilify the AR platform as some type evil "the favorite choice of t*******ts" , as they put it.
...Handguns "the favorite choice of criminals"...." "as everyone knows"...etc.
-This followed by the presidents, vice presidents, Congress and everyone else you can think... promising to "Do something about this problem".

-Commercial breaks: "..Buy opiates and more opiates, fa la la's, more drugs and such...."

-Second, lets vilify the gators... Those pesky predators which will yank your arm in a treacherous attack to then disappear in their own shadow..."
Plus "They're everywhere!!!!!" Watch out! "OMG, is that a gator? RUN!!!!!"

-More commercials about more opiates and drugs, of course.

-Now lets watch the swimming pool for dogs for some time...cute right? Talk about the important things (They always have a cat or dog story)

-More commercials about opiates and drugs, of course...

-And now, ....now lets talk about: "Lets hit the hay, twice a day" That's right, sleep twice a day. Because that is also important, right?!?

I've had enough by then...
Too late for regrets
I did it to myself...
So I'm sitting there with a cup of coffee already cold, thinking:
What the hell do I do with what I just saw?
What is it they want from me?
Is there a meaning behind all this crap?

I know:
They're coming for my favorite gun, but the gators are coming too..
So we better handle those pesky gators first and then.. Well, then... bye bye AR 15... it was nice knowing you.
I can foresee the sad feeling and the void left behind... how to fill that void, right?
Right! I know: I could just go get a prescription for every opiate I saw on TV! Thank you news networks I knew I could trust you.
All is well again friends, no more pain, no more gators.
Good bye funk, welcome blurry feelings.

Now me needs to find some water hole and find out if the stupid dog can swim.....Fa la la la!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in good humor though.
I recon the best thing to do is to keep the thinking hat above one's shoulders.
Because the heart is not known for solving problems and the gut knows isn't much better.

Be safe everyone, Happy Fathers Day.
Hey! Lets give away a Second Amendment Bracelet for someone's Dad, OK
Among this weekends buyers starting..NOW!

We'll let you guys know this Monday who gets it:danceban:

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Just live on the internet, we can still be free here and talk guns :hand5:

Reactions: Old Sarge

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
The real danger is if the gators start taking drugs and then buy AR-15's......look out then...

·
Registered
748 Posts
That is why I don't watch the news, I watch mostly, NETFLIX for entertainment..I can watch all my old and new shows with no commercial interruptions.

If I am interested in looking up any social 'events' or 'tragic events', I look it up on the internet. And, if I want to see, idiotic comments on such 'events' I watch YouTube...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Can't watch the news. Runs up my blood pressure. It's all disinformation and outright lies.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
At least with the alligators, you make nice belts and boots out of them.

·
Vendor
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I watch the news I just use it as a target for my ridicule and a source of humor (sometimes dark humor) for my admittedly obtuse and unique view of the world today.
....Exactly the feeling my friend, except that I noticed some"hangover" from so all this bad funk....just like drinking bad water, you notice later, Ha, ha!

·
Vendor
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The real danger is if the gators start taking drugs and then buy AR-15's......look out then...
Did you mean the gators taking the opioids, making some sense of current events and taking over Disney World and turning it into a gator park?
Didn't think of that..ha, ha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts