Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can probably tell by my username I am a HK "fanboy" however, owning the VP40 it is a very difficult gun to conceal comfortably, not conceal but conceal with comfort. So I had my eye on the SIG P320 Tacops Carry, and the FNS 9C, also as much as I hate to admit this the Glock 19. Any who Sig is apparently on national back order according to the 2 biggest SIG dealers in Virginia ( Thanks Army) so my choices are

GLock 19 and mod the heck out of it
Sig p320 threaded barrel raised sights but no tac ops mags, just 3 17 round mags.
Fns 9C

Yes I am open to other suggestions and 45acp caliber. So what's your take guys?

current Budget is $1200.00 to spend on guns only. willing to spend $1800 on two guns holsters ammo etc.
yes mind is open to buying more than one gun. Thank you

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you already own a VP40 and have .40 S&W in stock why not get the Glock 23 instead of the 19? Unless you want a mix of calibers and more capacity? I own a G23 and love it. For days when I don't feel like strapping that on I recently bought a Glock 43 to add a single stack 9mm to my stable.

Are you solely looking for a double stack 9/40/45? Or are you open to buying a single stack as well? Where do you prefer to carry on your body? Answering those questions might help limit the amount of pistols suggested.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
For your budget and being an HK guy, why aren't you looking into the P30? It's the size of a Glock 19 which everybody and their brother have successfully concealed carried on a daily basis. It can be had in both 40 and 9.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
An HK fan boy should buy a p30c or other HK compacts !!

Now why the p320 carry as that's a full grip model . Maybe a compact that still offers a full grip for most normal hands but carry full size mags as back up and if looking at other short grip compacts a p320 SC . You can always add a compact grip to it . many guys have and cut back the rail !

Then you mention the fns 9C as in compact . Compact with this model means a short grip ?? MIght as well look at glock 26 , a m&p9c , cz rami and maybe am another have dozen others .

If your looking at tall sights and treaded barrel then it most be on the others too?

Part of what makes a handgun concealable is a better class of holster . I carry a p320 not so compact - compact 40 at 3:30 with only enough cant so the but of my grip does not print on the back side of my t shirt . Holster is a comp-tac neutral . Also works well enough for a s&w 669 or wifes m&p core with optic .

Now you know your budget and it is your choice what you buy and carry not ours . Most all the handgun you will see mentioned here work will for lots of people so go rent some handgun if you need to so YOU can decide what to buy . Before I picked a p320 I rented a P30 , fns and a ppq our indoor range had in there rentals . My Wife has a couple m&p's and 1911 . Hey maybe a STI 2011 guardian . It is a Lite 25oz 3.9" barreled double stack 15 +1 shot pistol . Guess fits in your budget .

Good luck with Your pick .

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bought a glock 19 and wanted the sig p320c and when i eventually found one, don't hate me, i know, i know, I'm going to say it... for me.... i just didnt like the feel of it... felt toyish... the modular system felt plasticy.... i know i know!!! i didnt expect to feel that way, also didnt care for the trigger, of course i didnt shoot it and thats just my crazy thoughts.

maybe its a crazy mind battle with myself to psych myself out of remorse for not going sig? i don't know but still... just how i felt after holding both...

i say glock and have at it :)

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
1.2 k? You say why not a P7 psp ?

Or more modern a P30 or the like ..USP are cheep now for compact

for that much I would get a sig 229 legion ..Heck you get 500 rounds free with one from some places

Reactions: Eric357

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Welcome to DC. If your a fan boy of HK I would research and look at their compacts first. There are a lot of compacts out there. I have full size and compacts in Colt 1911s and S&W. I do own some strays like Sig. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Also dont be a mall ninja

I never saw the need for a carry gun to have a threaded barrel silencer sights all that jazz ..I mean if you are carrying a silencer also well then ..But also uh ?

Yes I have silencer set gun ..I would not carry them normal thoguh

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Eh, I don't see an issue with it really. Carry it without the suppressor, and bring it along for the ride to the range/have it installed while it's at home. Of course that means taller sights and definitely a custom holster, but if you're buying a suppressor-ready gun it comes with the territory.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
IF you're going to look at a concealable HK, take a look at the USPc or the P2K.

Both are smaller than the P30 and VP40 (I have a VP9 and P30L). The grip lengths are about the same on VP40 and P30 (Use same mags) and both are taller than the USPc and P2K. My personal favorite HK for carry is the P2K in V1 (lite LEM); it is about the size of a G19, carries a couple less rounds, provides a hammer (I like thumb over hammer holstering) is completely ambidextrous, has replaceable backstraps and carries well. Mine's a .40/.357Sig, and I carry it with the 357S barrel.

The USPc is a little smaller, and actually a few ounces heavier than the P2K, and only has a slide release on the righty side. It can however be carried C&L IF you go with the V1 and it can be configured for all 9 trigger variants.

P2K Vs G19 size:

Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I hide my vp9 with no issues ..... but if you are looking for a sub compact, I too would look for a p30sk. I have been toying with the idea myself ...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts