Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
possible new guns? s&w sigmaa 40 cal vs beretta 9o6d which one shhoould i buy from this private seller? someone knowledgable key in and give opinion possible pro's con's

thanks

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
The Beretta is a bigger gun and a little harder to conceal, but overall is considered a better gun overall. It can be concealed with proper gear and clothing. The sigmas have a loyal fan base, and seem dependable just arent exactly full house custom type shooting guns, they are a bare bones basic handgun. They also are polymer versus all metal in the 96. Some people are very anti polymer frame guns. Overall If I were to buy one or the other it would be the Beretta.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Buy the Beretta. Much better handgun!

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
Not familiar with the Sigma but do have a Beretta 96, it is a little large but with the right holster conceals well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Which one feels better to you? Which one calls your name? Which one do you drool more over? Get that one!

The Beretta is a great gun, and I've heard guys really like that Sigma series too. So I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The Beretta is a bigger gun. The Sigma has a long double action trigger that some don't like. I'd say handle them both, if you can, shoot them both and take your pick...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys appreciate the help. what I will do is test em both cause its mmy buddy is going to sale them to me so then I will do a review on you tube on my opinion. might I also say this im looking to find my best fit defensive carry option cause im not looking to win a shooting contest I just want to out led on target mildly

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
you live in spokane...its not like you dont have the wardrobe to cover just about anything....metal=weight...plastic=light...your preference...the dao trigger is a problem for some but once you get it its second nature...

so many choices...so little money...

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Bought a Beretta 92FS in 2000. I thought that's what I wanted. I worked with it for less than three months before I knew it was time to move onto something else. In my mind, the design itself just doesn't seem to be very tactical sound (to me). Beretta is very good at other things in the world of firearms other than their 92/96 pistols in my opinion. The S&W? Never owned a S&W pistol for more than a week, and never shot that one. It's a personal thing I have for them that goes way back. No experience with the M&Ps though. If I had to choose between the two you're deciding on, I'd buy the Beretta and re-sell it. That's just me though. If you plan on working with either for CC, then try them both out if you can. I would never knock anyone's choice for carry so long as it all works well for them. If you're looking specifically at the 40cal for carry, then I would say you've made a very good choice.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
The Sigma should be reasonably cheap, so you could and should buy them both! The Beretta being nicer but pricier. You should be able to buy that Sigma for less than $300, if it has been used a little bit. I bought my Sigma, my first every .40 caliber pistol, because it shoots the standard police bullet in my home town. I bought it TWO WEEKS before those $50-or-two-free-magazine [$37 apiece] rebates started!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i think that blade is right when it comes to the over concealability of the s&W and the fact that i do live in a place that is cold so that i will have option of wardrobe to cover even a larger gun. but over the sigma will allow to be carried even when the weather is warmer and less clothes are worn. plus i think the sigma is a great duty carry weapon for an of the possible LE jobs i might be doing in the near future. i mean s&w when they premiered this weapon did get sued by glock for such close comparison to their handgun... or at least from what people tell me. plus LE carry glocks and they have no external safety and a weapon is only as safe as you make it.

thanks for the help really made me think of what to buy and why.

you guys are great!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Of the two pick the Beretta, Ram Rod said it well, why limit your selection to two firearms, there's to many choices out there, that's why many of us own so many. This won't be your last purchase. Go with what feels right for you, you can always trade up. :smile:

·
Registered
541 Posts
buy the Beretta, I have owned both guns and the Sigma stinks. I hated it. It felt like a cheap piece of plastic in my hand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts