Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in FL, and I am changing home address in a couple of weeks; the new address will be in the same county about 20 minutes away. The CC permit shows the old home address, and then I wonder if it is possible to use it until receiving the new one with the new address. I was thinking to contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and ask. Do any of you know if you can use the old permit and what you have to do when moving?

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Your permit is just fine anywhere in FL, but do notify the Dept. of Ag of your new address...pronto!:wave:

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Your permit should continue to be good. Notify the DOA of your address change just like you would notify the DMV about an address change for your drivers license.

·
Banned
226 Posts
In NV all you had to do is call the Sheriffs office CCW detail (they issue the permits) and tell them of your changed address. They don't send you a new one, but it is on record. They did send me a new one however when I had a gun added to permit. We have to qualify for each gun type we carry, except revolvers are a one time thing for all revolvers. It doesn't make sense though because there are a lot more guns than there is room on the permit...

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just call the Department of Agriculture. They told me that I can change my address using their website, mylicensesite.com, or sending a letter by regular mail with the permit number alternative a photocopy of the permit. In any case I will be able to continue using my actual permit which shows the old address. Otherwise, if I want them to send me a new permit with the new address I have to send by regular mail a letter with the permit number alternative a photocopy of the permit, and a check for $15.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts