Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in January of this year I picked up a Springfield XD9 with four high cap mags because I was getting my CCW. Well, I got the CCW, but have yet to really carry as I didn't have a holster. I finally go the bug to carry and get a holster but then I started to consider the challenge of concealing the XD. Well last week I bought a M&P9c for my concealed carry gun but now I have a dilemma. Do I sell the XD? Do I keep it as a night stand gun or just use my M&P? Do I need a night stand gun? Should I sell it and get a shotgun for home defense? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
This is how collections start... first one, then two... what's your next purchase? :image035:

Keep the XD. You never know when one or the other may need repair.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
You're WAY over thinking this. If you can afford to keep the XD and you enjoy shooting it, keep it. If you can't afford it or don't like it, sell it. As to a nightstand gun, why not have one. Two is better than one and three is better than two. Get a shot gun in addition to what you have for pistols.

If money is a factor then sell what you have to get the next one you want.

For home defense both a pistol and a shotgun have their place. Nether is a "Total home defense" solution.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
If money was an issue, I'd sell it, and purchase a shotgun or maybe even the full size M&P to compliment my carry.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Trust me, keep it. Murphys law may strike and you may need a spare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, the money isn't really the issue, it is just if i really need it. But you guys are making it easier to say keep it. I just have to make my mind up becasue I have a gun that might come and look at it tonight. So I need to know before then. I guess I can always sell it later.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd keep it if you can? I have an XD45, it's my night stand gun. I have several smaller carry guns, but it's nice to have a full size HD gun.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Get a gun safe and keep both. Welcome to collecting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
don't forget to clear out some space for all the holsters you are about to collect :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Keep it. I sold one of my guns once and have regretted it ever since. Unless I have to I will never sell any of my collection again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts