Defensive Carry banner

How do you carry and do you change with the seasons?

• Leather IWB all the time.

Votes: 78 29.8%
  • Kydex IWB all the time.

Votes: 33 12.6%
  • Leather IWB in warm weather, Leather OWB in cooler.

Votes: 29 11.1%
  • Kydex IWB in warm weather, Kydex OWB in cooler.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Kydex IWB in warm weather, Leather OWB in cooler.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Leather IWB in warm weather, Kydex OWB in cooler.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Kydex OWB all the time.

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Leather OWB all the time.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • Off body carry.

• Pocket carry.

Votes: 57 21.8%
  • Smart carry.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Ankle rig.

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Shoulder rig.

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Holster shirt or similar.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Method of carry changes by mood, moon phase, alignment of planets etc

Votes: 58 22.1%
  • I only carry some of the time and not enough to sufficiently answer

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I were talking today about the different holsters out there. IWB, Apendix, OWB, Crossdraw, Bellyband/smart carry, off body carry in a safe packer or similar etc. We wondered something, for those of you who carry one way, do you change to a different method for a different time of year?

Curious no?

So here it is, a poll to answer just that, how many of us change our method of carry and how.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Where's the poll?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where's the poll?
Hit enter too fast :blink:

And vote for multiple options if you use multiple methods.

If you use a crossdraw method please simply select OWB if applicable. I didn't have quite enough room to add that in to the poll with other options.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I voted for Method of carry changes by mood, moon phase, alignment of planets etc!

While I prefer IWB with a Brommeland leather holster, I really change up too often to vote for that exclusively. I rotate among about 3 different methods and positions of carry.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
While I normally carry a leather Fist IWB at either 3:30 or 5:00, I am beginning to enjoy a Fist #12 Basic for my Glock-36. It's remarkably comfortable and could become my next preferred method of carry...I'm already sold on the Glock. Therefore...my method of carry changes...

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I carry leather OWB when I have cover. I pocket carry always. So most of the time I have two.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I usually like IWB at 4:00, but sometimes the moon phase affects my method of carry.:image035: OK so maybe it is more weight fluctuation.......... or weight gain, man would ya please stop interrogating me.:gah:

I have a Canute from UBG I like the most, when the moon phase is right that is. :hand5:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I use a Blackhawk nylon pancake holster and a leather pocket holster. Winter time, leather OWB, + leather pocket holster..

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Primary EDC Glock 26 OWB all the time, BUG either pocket (LCP) or ankle (S&W 642) if I carry BUG.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Kydex IWB in warm weather, Leather OWB in cooler.
I'll elaborate a bit more on what I do in the cooler weather. I'll also carry with my kydex IWB holsters with my shirt tucked in behind them so my pistol is actually exposed if I were to take my jacket off. Best thing about this method for me is that if I go in some place too warm for me, I can simply un-tuck my shirt to cover like I normally would in warm weather once I take my jacket off. I wouldn't be able to do that with any OWB holster that I have.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm OWB Kydex all the time. I believe in having the gun in the same place, carried the same way, all the time. Same gun, too. That way, I don't need to remember what I'm carrying and where.

My XD98SC and I really like the Springfield, Fobus, and Uncle Mike's OWB paddle holsters for this. They're small, light, secure, and hold the gun tight against my body. I like the "click-click" of the gun in/out.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Most of the time I carry a Sig P239, or my Kimber 1911 in Milt Sparks VMII holsters. Other times I carry a Kahr PM9 in a Fist K5 pocket holster.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Too many moons, too many carry options.

But no matter the lunar views. It's always wrapped in leather.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Leather... God made not man made! :tongue:
IWB 85% of the time and OWB when it's cold!

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I carry IWB crossbreed holster when my pants are loose enough,and Leather OWB more often now,I notice there is more printing from the OWB carry mainly due to the holster having less forward cant than I like

·
Registered
806 Posts
IWB Tucked at work, OWB Cross Draw most everywhere else.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I had to choose Method of carry changes by mood, moon phase, alignment of planets etc. I carry a Glock 26 in either an MTAC, SmartCarry, Desantis Nemesis or in a Ka-Bar TDI fanny pack. It depends on what I'm doing and what I'm wearing.

·
Registered
830 Posts
being from florida we have hot and humid, hotter and humid, and hot and humid as heCk! so we really don't have much of a "season chanage" more of a "how much more/less will i sweat today. I started out carrying w/ IWBs from high noon holsters and now its all don hume OWBs. nothing to do with the weather just more comfortable taht way

1 - 20 of 33 Posts