Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the most embarrassing thing that happened while you was Carrying Concealed or When you first started Carrying?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Before I purchased a quality leather holster I carried using a nylon Uncle Mikes.

Completing my business, I dumped my Glock 22 onto the porcelain throne. It hit so hard I thought I had cracked the thing. Of course it fell on the floor in the stall nearest the next, which was occupied. Whomever it was, jerked their feet away quite quickly. I grabbed it and left without saying a word.

I took my name off the waiting list and left the resturant fearing someone would recognize my shoes. The whole time my wife was fussing at me because she really wanted to eat there.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
My little guy telling the clerk at walmart that I had a gun.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Trying out a shoulder holster with really random retention. It went from I couldn't get the weapon out some times, others....well. I was in a local CVS, and bending over to tie my shoe when clatter clatter, my Sig hits the floor. I quickly scramble and reholster right in front of the clerk, I quickly say "Sorry", and he give me a dumb look and says "For what". Some how he missed the whole thing that happened within two feet of him. Needless tosay I went to my car and cranked down on the adjustment screws of my holster to "Good luck getting me out today" level.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I was walking at Wally World, and pulled my keys out of my pocket.....my speed loader went rolling down the aisle, lol.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
What was the most embarrassing thing that happened while you was Carrying Concealed or When you first started Carrying?
Usually the person starting this type of thread puts his experience in the orginial question.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Before I purchased a quality leather holster I carried using a nylon Uncle Mikes.

Completing my business, I dumped my Glock 22 onto the porcelain throne. It hit so hard I thought I had cracked the thing. Of course it fell on the floor in the stall nearest the next, which was occupied. Whomever it was, jerked their feet away quite quickly. I grabbed it and left without saying a word.

I took my name off the waiting list and left the resturant fearing someone would recognize my shoes. The whole time my wife was fussing at me because she really wanted to eat there.
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Recently? Posting a post here that got me a warning. :redface:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Somehow my glock jumped out of my britches as I sat down on the toilet at work. I just felt stupid as I'd just read the story about the guy shooting his toilet and getting porcelain shards in his bum.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Remember Guns dont float. Learned that one from a friend. One of the reasons I unholster when sitting down to do my business, it leads to less likelyhood of dropping it in or worse...although fishing out my Sig out of a toilet is pretty bad.

·
Registered
545 Posts
About two years ago I went to the chiropractor with my wife to keep her company. The nurse asked me if I minded if they retook my x-rays that they took the previous week because they didn't come out as well as they should. I told her that I didn't mind, then remembered I was carrying in my SmartCarry. I figured it would be OK though since my trouble had been in my back above my waistline.

When we got into the x-ray room the nurse told me I had to lower my pants so she could get the whole spine. At that point I figured what the h-ll, this should be interesting...

I lowered my pants around my ankles then lowered the SmartCarry on top of the pants trying to cover what was showing of the gun with the pants. The cover-up wasn't hugely successful.

The nurse looked at the pile of stuff on the floor around my ankles for a second or so, then went about her business without a word. She has never mentioned a word about it to this day - and neither have I.

Bobo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Haven't had one yet, thankfully! But you have given me some things to consider avoiding!!! It's only been a month for me with the CCW.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I’ve told this story once before, here on CC…

Back in the 80’s I worked for a big corporation and traveled all the time.

I’d been out to dinner, and returned to my hotel room on Singer Island in Palm Beach Florida.

This 4-5 star hotel had a wide open lobby, with marble floors. Instead of wanting to feed a belt holster on for the short trip to my room, I took my Colt Stainless Combat Commander 45 out of the glove box and slide it inside my pants in the small of my back. My sport coat covered it.

As I was stepping into the elevator, the pistol dislodges, slides down my pant leg, and goes ker plunk on the marble floor. The whole lobby got quite, as I bent over to pick the 45 back up and returned it to the small of my back, and quickly stepped into the elevator.

One guy got on with me, and as the elevator was going up, he said “you a cop or something”, I replayed “or something”. He never said anything else and neither did I.

Moral of the story: no matter how short a distance you are traveling it’s always better to carry your pistol in a holster.

·
Registered
100 Posts
in the old days pre thunderwear, pre IWB, etc etc etc being in a Smittys and feeling my chief break loose and start the slide down my leg inside my pants, quickly making a grab for the lump before it exited my pantleg, with onlookers thinking "look, that poor man crapped his pants". A good save, but at what price hath pride?
ps Smitty's= 1970's Walmart, ammo next to the produce! What a concept!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was CC at home trying on an IWB holster with velcro hooks, and I started to do some quick draw dry fire practice. I made an awkward grab and heard a strange sound as I yanked my gun out... and looked dumbfounded at the gun I was pointing forward which still had the holster attached to it. :embarassed:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Mordified is more the word here. I have never carried 3 guns with me before and being I was going to the big city of crime (Charlotte) I decided to carry my 9 mm with me in the car holster. My 380 in my IWB and a little 25 auto. that I had purchased a few weeks ago in my purse. Well I was there for business and the night before we left we all went out to eat together and natually, because of not being able to carry in a restaurant that serves beer I had to leave them behind. I put my little 25 from my purse into the drawer beside the bed in the motel as to not have it laying out. My IWB went in the lock up in my car.

The next morning I get dressed and of course I put my IWB back on and start to pack. I took the 25 out and put it in a carry bag that I use for my most important things such as jewelry etc. Somehow in the packing that case was spilled out and I lost the 25 . Mind you the bag never actually hit the floor it must of just tipped over. I picked up all my bags, carried them to the car and put them in the rear of my van. Started home.

My cell phone rings and it is the nicest LEO asking me if I am missing anything.
I said no, not to my knowledge but I wouldn't be hearing from you if I had everything I was suppose to. Immediately my hand goes to my holster on my hip and my eyes go to the 9 mm in the holster attached to my seat. I know for sure my 25 is safely tucked away in my bag so i'm wondering what in the world is going on. He informs me that my 25 was found in my room when the maid went to clean it. I can tell you I felt sick to my stomach with all the OMG what ifs that could have happened. It was so bad that as I finsihed my trip home I really just scolded myself and wondered if I could ever get over the feeling of 1. feeling stupid, 2. just being so mad with myself and 3. if I could ever carry again. It was a horrible feeling.

Well I was 6 hours away when I got the call and so I havn't gone back to pick it up. It is in safe keeping with the sheriff's department and it will cost me the cost of the gun to go back and get it. SOOO stupid!!

One thing of interest though. He ran the serial number of the gun and it did not show stolen LOL of that i'm so thankful, but on a serious note, the gun did not come back registered to me. So now i'm wondering just why it didn't since I bought it from a gun dealer. Since it was pretty new I figured the paper work had not caught up yet.

Also, when I gave the LEO my driver's license number it did not come up with my permit showing. I gave him my permit number and he said he assumed that my permit would have the same number as my DL as that is how it is done in NC. The LEO happens to be in SC as my motel was in SC not NC.

I vowed never to tell this story but maybe by telling it someone will double check when all the luggage is in the vehicle to make sure where their gun is. I have prided myself in being so very very careful with my weapons. I'm just sick over this.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Some very interesting stories here. Havent had much happen in the way of embarrassment, but this is fun needless to say. Once an embarrassing moment happens to me, I'll be sure and post it!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts